Interview with RAAUS Chairman and CEO where we discuss MTOW and CTA Access

recflyer

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_033.mp3[/MEDIA]

On the latest episode I talk with:

Michael Monck – Chairman of Recreational Aviation Australia (RAAUS). We talk about two game changing proposals from RAAUS who are looking to increase the Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW) of aircraft that it administers and to enable its members to fly their aircraft in controlled airspace. We also talk about the controversial restrictions which were placed on Jabiru powered aircraft and also about a couple of close calls which Michael has had in his time as a pilot.

Michael Linke – CEO of RAAUS. We talk about a number of things including relationship that RAAUS has with CASA, the organization’s financial woes and the big push on to improve safety for RAAUS members.

Whats your opinion of the proposals? Do you think they will be successful?

Link to show notes

Click here to Subscribe via iTunes

• Like 3

Lovely to hear that Mr Monke is STILL incorrectly talking about MARAP applying to 19 reg homebuilt - complete and utter crap, sorted out that it was complete and utter crap with RAAus Tech and the board a year ago and still the Chairman does not actually understand WHAT MARAP is.

Now were he to actually admit and discuss openly the numerous fundamental changes that have just come in through Tech 4 I might have a bit more time and interest in listening to him.

• Like 1

Lovely to hear that Mr Monke is STILL incorrectly talking about MARAP applying to 19 reg homebuilt - complete and utter crap, sorted out that it was complete and utter crap with RAAus Tech and the board a year ago and still the Chairman does not actually understand WHAT MARAP is.Now were he to actually admit and discuss openly the numerous fundamental changes that have just come in through Tech 4 I might have a bit more time and interest in listening to him.

Thanks for listening as far as you got! Hopefully I can get you interested for the next episode.

I have great faith in the ability and intentions of the Chairman of the organisation, but still hearing a lot of "watch this space" regarding training of matters relating to improved safety. The organisation employed a training expert some time ago, the only thing I've seen rolled out is a repackaged version of the L1 course written a couple of years ago. If nothing else, links to selected CASA, FAA and CAA (UK+NZ) safety resources would be far better than "watch this space". Pilots can learn from others mistakes, the same mistakes are made irrespective of the registration markings (VH or numbers) affixed to the aeroplane or country they're operating in.

• Like 1