Site Bug Fixed

Admin

There has been a site bug that has puzzled me for some time...The "Home" link in the Breadcrumb disappears once you move off the home page preventing a user from clicking Home in the Breadcrumb.

I have spent hours trying to find the issue but thanks to the site rebuild to v6 I have been able to isolate the problem and it is now fixed here.

In case you do not know, you can click any of the steps in the Breadcrumb to go back to a higher level of the site.

For example, if you are reading this post in the Site Announcements Forum, the Breadcrumb will display:

Home > Forums > General Forums > Site Announcements

You can click "Forums" in the Breadcrumb and you go back to the Forums page

You can click "General Forums" in the Breadcrumb and you go up to just the General Forums listings page

You can click "Home" in the Breadcrumb which will take you to the top level which is the Home page.

Clicked on that link and got this:

1530592402_sitenotfound.jpg.b47eb310b953ecf871c0dfc311be2cbe.jpg

Tried the Home breadcrumb again, and worked fine. The first time, the screen also zoomed out so that text was half the size before the click.

Please try it now, I can't replicate the problem as all my testing on all my devices everything is ok however I have tried something that may or may not fix the problem.

Screen shots of what you are seeing on these old devices would be great

Yes, working OK now thanks.

Wouldn't know how to send you a screenshot off a mobile device but probably not necessary anyway, only using this 'old device' until they replace my Note 7 when it's deemed not so likely to burst into flames at minor provocation.

Is seems one fix creates another problem........

Now my membership box no longer shows the likes number or mine nor anyone else.

I can understand mine, as at times I can be less than likeable - being a cranky bugger. But everyone else is generally very likeable.

Depending on the size of your monitor, make the window as small as possible whilst still showing the issue, press Alt+PrtScn then open Windows Paint, click Paste, save image as a .jpg and then attach to a post

I don't see the number of likes either. Also - the Likes icons haven't changed although the pop-up ballon/description shows the likes themselves have changed i.e. the fourth icon is the spanner (instead of light bulb) and shows 'helpful', the seventh is the paintbrush and shows 'more' and the last is the rainbow and shows 'caution'.

See attached, shows both issues -

620764166_Nolikey.png.5f0f2e3053c38d2c50576c209f3523dd.png

EDIT - Win7 Pro on Chrome

Refresh the page...

If that still does not work, you might have to try a "force refresh" which will cause the browser to re-check with the web server to make sure it has the latest copy of the web page you are viewing. Just hit the control (Ctrl) and F5 button at the same time (Windows). Or, if you are using a Mac - Apple + R or Cmd + R.

It will come good...to increase performance of the site and to decrease your data use making it cheaper for you I use a caching system plus some other things. This is also going to have huge impact when the site goes over to a CDN (Content Delivery Network) making the site faster again plus it will also go to HTTPS ( Hypertext Transfer Protocol - encrypted security) which is somewhat being enforced by Google early next year. So any caching the site uses will be severely impacted by these changes for a short period of time.