Noisey Italian.

planedriver

Just sitting at my computer on rec flying and had to rush outside on hearing a very unusual sounding aircraft.

Couldn't recognize it, so had to fire up Flightradar 24. It turned out to be a Piaggio P180 Avante twin turboprop which took off from Sydney airport and is heading south at 28,000ft and scooting along at 356mph now about to overfly Canberra.

On checking the Piaggio website, they say it is very efficient and eco friendly. I think they forgot the bit about it's noise level on climb-out. I live very close to the airport and it has to be the noisiest aircraft i've heard in 4 yrs since moving here. It was a very unusual sight and i'm at least glad to have seen it. It's not everyday you get to see a twin engine pusher with a canard.

At one point it had a ground speed of 404MPH at 27,500 ft. no doubt with a bit of tailwind but it's obviously a very slippery bird.

Got a bit concerned as it dropped off the screen just n/e of Melbourne near some mountains and never got it back again.

Was just curious where it was landing. Sleek looking bit of gear, but noisier than DHL's MD11 out of Syd which I can always recognise by ear.

Hey, everything on-a dat-a plane-a is-a backward! Dey gotta da wings on back-a to front, dey gotta da engines on-a back-a to front - what kinda crazy designer build this-a one? A guy with with his head on back-a to front?? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Haha 1

My neighbor absolutely revs the guts out of his Ferrari in the driveway before it's even had a chance to warm up, or the oil get around.103_score_001.gif.0354254b719c2e1032fedf21c3779e8a.gif

Maybe peaceful soon!

Then he can buy himself a little Italian :scooter:and all i'll hear is the lovely aeroplanes.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif