1947 Aeronca Chief online at Airsport, Boonah.

XP503

Hi Folks

Airsport flying school at Boonah Airfield is now home to an immaculate, 1947 Aeronca Chief, a genuine classic side by side taildragger aeroplane bursting with old school charm. It is currently undergoing some final touches at UIltimate Aero and will be available for tail wheel endorsements and pleasure cruising very soon. It has a quaint automotive interior and performance to match many LSA trainers on the market, whilst offering a chance to experience old world charm in a fully refurbished and immaculate aircraft. (07) 5463 4028 www.airsportqld.com,auiii.jpg.75ffc669ebcf879cd3f85bfd382e6166.jpg

• Like 6

Looks awesome. Any idea what they are going to charge per hour for it and whether its staying GA rego or being converted to RA? (Self admitting I havnt looked up the MTOW of a chief so dont even know if it can be RA). Old aeroplanes are cool :)

• Agree 1

Want. Definitely going to make the time to check this opportunity out next time I am in the area. There is a story JB Newbery had one of these and crashed it. If anyone knows more I would love to hear about it

Looks awesome. Any idea what they are going to charge per hour for it and whether its staying GA rego or being converted to RA? (Self admitting I havnt looked up the MTOW of a chief so dont even know if it can be RA). Old aeroplanes are cool :)

Aeronca Champ (virtually same A/C except for tandem seating and stick vs side by side and wheel controls of the Chief) is currently registered RAA 24-5210 @ MTOW 0f 553kg. Chief is slightly heavier w/ MTOW of 567kg so can carry an RAA 24 series hull number. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif cheers

• Like 1