Savannah S in Texas

Mattk793

My uncle and I embarked on building this monster about 2 years ago and hope to have it finished soon. We haven't had to much trouble so far and has been a great experience all the way around. We have all the individual parts put together and are doing mostly cosmetic work now. Engine and avionics wont be here till end of October.

Now more to the point. We are in search of ideas, schematics, or diagrams for a piece in the cockpit. We want to use the radio panel that comes with the plane that is placed directly in front of the stick. That is all fine and good but we want to attach it to the instrument panel. Icp doesn't make those.. or if they do we had a misunderstanding. Just wondering if any one did this and if so how?

This has the piece i am speaking of directly infront of the stick.

http://www.ulmoccasion.com/media/02/00/1736776991.JPG

Would not be mind something like this either even though i know it is probably custom.

http://www.ulm-experience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Tableau-de-bord-Savannah-S.jpg

If any one could point me in the right direction or give some advise i would much appreciate it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the time to look at your second link to the pic, sorry! Unfortunately, now I want one too ;-) I think I've heard Valter mention your Uncle's name. I'm at the painting stage, then on to finish up the controls, etc. I'm waiting for my engine as well, except it is the 3.3L Corvair engine.

Yup my uncles name is Jim and it wouldnt surprise me if he has mentioned my uncle. We are good friends with Valter and his crew. Valter is a super guy and instructor. I will see if i cant get a pic posted up soon with the panel i am talking about.

Just noticed it looks like you are in the 5000s. I had many rides in that thing. To bad he sold it off. Although that is what he does i guess.

This must be a new one. My Sav kit had a panel but I didnt use it. It didnt look like that it just mounted to the floor. I made a totally different main panel for mine and most of us use the 2.25 inch radios in the panel. I have USB and 12V in the main dash. I am a big guy 6 ft 3 inch and 230 lbs in you your measurements and the more foot and leg room the better. I have also made twin sticks for mine and it is sooooo much better now for comfort on long trips

Another NEW Savannah XL on its way

There is a lot of great information and ideas on this site. There is also a savannah users group on facebook with guys from all over the world with great ideas as well. Welcome to the Sav club

• Like 2

Yup my uncles name is Jim and it wouldnt surprise me if he has mentioned my uncle. We are good friends with Valter and his crew. Valter is a super guy and instructor. I will see if i cant get a pic posted up soon with the panel i am talking about.Just noticed it looks like you are in the 5000s. I had many rides in that thing. To bad he sold it off. Although that is what he does i guess.

Valter has been waiting on his new plane, the latest Savannah S with the new ICP engine. I think he is finally about to receive it. He is an excellent instructor as well. I echo Kyle's comment, check on the Savannah FB page, it's an excellent community of Savannah builders and pilots and they put up some great pics and videos. I asked about the stall characteristics and the next day a video was posted to demonstrate, it's an amazing resource.

Valter has been waiting on his new plane, the latest Savannah S with the new ICP engine. I think he is finally about to receive it. He is an excellent instructor as well. I echo Kyle's comment, check on the Savannah FB page, it's an excellent community of Savannah builders and pilots and they put up some great pics and videos. I asked about the stall characteristics and the next day a video was posted to demonstrate, it's an amazing resource.

I had 75 hours in 5000S. Loved that airplane with the Dynon Skyview. My nephew Matt you chat with is my big support man on our build. My hands aren't what they used to be and Matt has a good eye for detail. We both strive for perfection and my wife is a great assistant as well. She usually has an answer or sometimes better way of doing things when we don't. Lol.

This must be a new one. My Sav kit had a panel but I didnt use it. It didnt look like that it just mounted to the floor. I made a totally different main panel for mine and most of us use the 2.25 inch radios in the panel. I have USB and 12V in the main dash. I am a big guy 6 ft 3 inch and 230 lbs in you your measurements and the more foot and leg room the better. I have also made twin sticks for mine and it is sooooo much better now for comfort on long tripsAnother NEW Savannah XL on its way

Hi Kyle,

I tried to find the Sav club on facebook but I cant find it.

Is there a specific name for it?

Phil.

• 1 month later...

Hello gentlemen. N5000S is now sitting in my hanger in Huntsville, Tx. I don't have many hours in it yet but I am loving it so far. It is really an enjoyable airplane to fly.

Hello gentlemen. N5000S is now sitting in my hanger in Huntsville, Tx. I don't have many hours in it yet but I am loving it so far. It is really an enjoyable airplane to fly.

Have you got any pictures how the Dynon is fitted and integrated into the Savannah dashboard?