Landed here after many happy landings

revgazza

Decided to become a member...finally. for ten years I flogged around the outback in a Cessna 182 as the Uniting Church padre based in Cloncurry.

Now I am the Presbytery Minister ( like a Bishop) of North Queensland.

In my last year in Cloncurry (2013), I built a Morgan Cougar. What a fantastic aircraft!! Solid, slippery and just great fun. And Garry Morgan went out of his way to support, encourage and guide.

Now living in Atherton, FNQ and in the testing phase of VH-LDV and it flies even better than I hoped.

• Like 1

Welcome on board revgazza. Did you make regular flyin in visits to Adels Grove by any chance.....or am I thinking of someone else.My wife snd I worked there in 2010.

Wayne.

Yep, that would have been me.

We used to hold a small service on the Saturday morning and my daughter and I sometimes played guitar and sang on the Friday night.

Garry

• Like 1

Welcome Revgazza what engine are you running in the cougar

G'day Ozbear.

I am running a latest version Jabiru 3300.

At this point i am having a heap of trouble getting the air intake stuff happening properly. The result is rich running over 2400rpm and a distinct lack of power. Garry Morgan makes a large cobra head which deals with some of the issue, but I am not really happy with the Bing carby setup. I'm not on my own here I think. So, at this point I am about install a SDS fuel injection system.

Garry

We used to hold a small service on the Saturday morning and my daughter and I sometimes played guitar and sang on the Friday night.

Yes Garry, remember you and your daughter well and those Fridays nights playing the guitar. Glad you are enjoying the Cougar, they look fast just standing still!

Wayne.

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. Although I originally learnt to fly in order to do the work of the church in the outback, the many thousands of flying hours, especially on those dark moonless nights in the middle of nowhere has grown in me a real passion.

I pray for safe skies, but also for the freedom of recreational fliers to be freed from overbearing and unsubstantiated bureaucracy.

Flying is not just a privilege, but an expression of our human need to challenge and enjoy this wonderful world.

In this I support AOPA and the SAAA's call to overhaul the class 2 medical and get good pilots back in the air.

Here endeth the sermon.

096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

• Agree 1

Hi Gary,

I remember a number of flying "padres" in Western Qld from my time at Longreach, Charleville, Winton, Boulia, Barcaldine areas 1980's - early 2000's. The Flying Nun, Outback Aerial Mission, the Salvation Army and some independent types. A real lifeline for many isolated people. One used my plane for a little while doing Birdsville Boulia area. I don't think I met you, but be assured we did appreciate the visits.

Welcome aboard

Sue

• Like 2