To all Lower Case People

Ron5335

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one that I can't understand, and you see it often, is those who use 'and' instead of 'an'. eg. ...lend and ear, instead of ...lend an ear. Just saw that one on facebook. Say it, you don't pronounce it with a 'd'.

Spell check!! Yanks can't spell and most browsers use their system. I've tried loading the English version but even that seems to be wrong at times.

Scuze me? Aussies have to be the worst spellers in the English speaking countries!

Scuze me? Aussies have to be the worst spellers in the English speaking countries!

Aye hang on a sec, I spel and speak bloddy good oztrailan fanks. Ain't no one at the pub caint understands me. We don't be needing that pome stuff ere.

There are certain well known differences between US and Australian/English spelling, (eg center/centre, flavor/flavour), which we can ignore the spellcheck if we are certain that we have spelt the word correctly our way. If we are uncertain of the spelling, then accept the spell checker, as readers are familiar with these spellings. Part of the problem occurs with auto correct, where you type the correct spelling but autocorrect changes it. The other problem is that there are countless variations on what is supposed to be a 'standard' keyboard. Not so much the letter layout, but the extra function keys. For example, the keyboard on the computer I am using has a key below the right hand shift key, to the left of the Ctrl key which gives a drop-down with the spell check version, and an option to add your own spelling to the dictionary so that the word is accepted every time you use it. Using spellcheck highlights typo's which might go overlooked. These are easy to do, especially on mobile devices.

spellcheck.jpg.6dd0d8c8ddc498c9b28ef59ea54c4d05.jpg

Aye hang on a sec, I spel and speak bloddy good oztrailan fanks. Ain't no one at the pub caint understands me. We don't be needing that pome stuff ere.

....And you still used more punctuation than Storchy.074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 1

Dear people who type in all lowercase,We are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping

your uncle jack off a horse.

Sincerely

Capital Letters

Not to mention...."Let's go f*ck Grandma", or "Let's go, f*ck Grandma".

• Haha 1