Dynamic prop balancers

Lightwing981

I recently borrowed a Dynavibe to balance my prop. It worked well and I am looking to buy some type of dynamic balancer. Firstly, does anyone have any experience using the UK PB-3? They are about half the price. One negative is the use of an android interface with wi-fi. Also are there any used Dynavibes out there for purchase?

Don't do what I did and overheat the engine. I was running it at cruise revs on the ground for the dynamic balancer and lost an exhaust valve seat. While I still agree with dynamic balancing, next time it will be set up to work during flight.

I'm thinking of a simple vibration meter, but one which was specific to prop speed and which also showed phase would be better.

The PB3 should be able to do that, Just need to watch temps for the tach and wireless unit

I had a nice little bracket made up to fit sensor to top of oil pump.......by CAE long ago

I had my prop balanced by Keith Baker using some fancy gear but not sure what it was. My prop was not bad but it was brilliant by the time he finished.

While it's good for a Rotax it is even more important for a Jab as it balances the entire drive train - engine & prop. It can identify issues with the engine if the prop can't be balanced.

I had James Hubbard at Murray Bridge give 7595 , my j230 , a dynamic balance too. The results were impressive. Smooth is the word.

I would swear that there is more power too.........017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

Marcus