Ultralight crash North of Rockhampton

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so are these findings being made available by other than contacting the Coroners Office. I know this has been discussed but the the whole sporting fraternity may have something to learn from this.

You can search the Qld Coroners findings on the courts web site. I searched but didn't find this accident. However this one http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/86786/cif-scholl-ph-20090127.pdf happened in 2005 and the findings took about four years to be released.

• Winner 1

No apology, not advertising at all!The French, English and USA trike wings are all Aerodynamically Pitch Stability tested..

Why do we have so many trike deaths in Australia in Australian trikes - no pitch testing requirements.?

Time to change the CAO95.32 so it reflects an international standard.

Thats all.

This is the wrong arena to get your point across, especially since the short posts are not satisfactory for us to make any sense of what you are saying.

What I would suggest you do is contact the Coroner's office and ask to make a submission (I'm assuming travel costs would be too high to travelto the hearing and give evidence directly.)

If he/she agrees, you need to address the issues of this fatality first, and make it clear if you feel there is anything which could have prevented the accident.

You will need to back up your statements by providing engineering data, test results, photos, all showing the source of your information.

It's a bit of work - maybe 10 - 30 pages, but it will be considered by the Coroner.

At least then the Coroner will be getting cutting edge technical evidence from the industry.

There's a 99% chance the Coroner will have no idea what you're talking about if you just say "The French, English and USA trike wings are all Aerodynamically Pitch Stability tested..

Why do we have so many trike deaths in Australia in Australian trikes - no pitch testing requirements.?" You have to break that up into segments a laymen can understand.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Helpful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He was a great bloke John. I beleive I was his second student to go solo in the Technam Prosky had all those years ago. I think John and Zane were more excited than I was! One lesson I was doing practiced forced landings and I was getting stressed and he just came out with a joke that his friend in the UK thought he saw a kangaroo, but it turned out to be a grayhound taking a s**t. Best and most fun lesson I ever had!

Such a sad loss and I am slightly saddened that we can't lean much from the coronors findings to possibly improve the safety for us all. I totally respect his families wishes though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1