The Millennium Project

Admin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deskpilot. Probably only for the well heeled,....

Problem is, Jay, the majority of us aren't and so discussion is frustrating and pointless, no matter what the technical merits.

I joined these forums because they were down to earth and for the average 'ultralightist', but since the introduction of 'Recreational' aircraft, it's all gone too top end.

It's a pity that Australia is losing it's Basic Flyers Aircraft like Thrusters, Drifters, Bantum's etc. To get my fill of fun building/flying stories I have to go to HomeBuiltAirplanes.com - Experimental Aircraft Discussion in America. At least they value their roots and actively encourage the continuation of simple, home designed and built planes.

Why do I fly a Jabiru, because that was all that was on offer when I learnt to fly, and yes, I have asked my school to concider buying a basic flyer.

Not having a go at you personnally Jay, but I do get fedup with a few 'Superia' types that are now joining RA.Aus.

Sorry if this offends anyones, but them's my thoughts.

Deskpilot - have a look at the indicators of the types of aircraft that are now on the RAAus register at:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/raaus/71290-number-aircraft-ra-aus-register.html

That clearly gives an indicator that our grass roots and kit building is being diminished for the factory built plastics.

Note the Millennium is a kit but also plastic so it comes in under the 19 reg.

Hi Jay,

I do see it as a nice aircraft...

And I do think I'd be better off buying a factory built plane as even sandwiches that I put together fall apart..

The price and weight puts it in that same category as the bigger aircraft - not achievable; ... for me currently, anyway.

Stanzahero.

• 1 month later...

Hi Stanz

It is but a technological dream, beyong financial justification ( I mean 160 kts cruise, fully aerobatic, and 209 kts VNE with a Rotax! ) - check the specs - but at least we should recognise that it is achievable.

At the end of the day is it a $20k ragwing that we fly or a $ 250k super plane that is only a dream , which is more important?

• 1 year later...