Aerochute mirror worth having?

Guest Jacques_78

Guest Jacques_78

G'day everyone

Just watched one of Fred's videos and noticed a mirror mounted to the solo weight...

Anyone else use them at all?

I tend to look up when taking off to ensure chute opens correctly, once in flight it's not really an issue.

Can anyone shed some light as to whether it's worth having?

Jac

Hi Jac

I put the mirror on as it hampered my head movement looking up when i take off solo,as the starter motor sits right behind my head.You can position yourself off centre on take off ,but you will risk rolling the the cart

if your chute hangs to the side your sitting nearer to,easily done as it is a 3 wheeler trike.With the mirror on i still look to

either side BEFORE applying full power, looking in the mirror and checking the chute,when chute is in centre,full power.I find the mirror is great once your confident with it.Pick them up on ebay.Hope that helps.

Guest Jacques_78

Cheers mate.

Mine is a pull start so I don't have the starter motor problem. When I was learning it annoyed the hell out of me. It's easier to turn around when I fly solo, make sure the chute inflates correctly, then I look up and off I go.

I personally like the idea of the mirror, will give it a go. I noticed yours is mounted on the solo weight. do you move it when you carry a passenger or not required?

Cheers mate.Mine is a pull start so I don't have the starter motor problem. When I was learning it annoyed the hell out of me. It's easier to turn around when I fly solo, make sure the chute inflates correctly, then I look up and off I go.

I personally like the idea of the mirror, will give it a go. I noticed yours is mounted on the solo weight. do you move it when you carry a passenger or not required?

When i have a passenger i dont need it as i am sitting off centre and can tilt my head up plus i dont to have worry about rolling the cart with the passenger there as a couterweight if the chute hangs.Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Im with you Jac, mirror is good for filling up the dash thats about all

They use the mirrors a lot in the USA on their PPCs Which is where I got the idea from.Give it a go they dont cost the earth,surprise yourself.

Guest Jacques_78
They use the mirrors a lot in the USA on their PPCs Which is where I got the idea from.Give it a go they dont cost the earth,surprise yourself.

Will do, no harm in checking them out