How popular is this site

Admin

Hi Dave and allHow would it work if interested people placed a lable of thier site name at the outside latch of the left side window or doore / canopy of thier aircraft. That would be a start at linking up at flyins. And maybe place your mobile contact on the seat. My next flyins are Lakeside at Easter Sat/Sun and Old Station end of May. Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

That would be a good start for those nearby the flight-line, but for wandering around Avalon (for example) a Recreational Flying cap or nametag, or lanyard, would allow instant recognition in a crowd (around an exhibit, BBQ, coffee queue, etc).

I'm off to Avalon tomorrow (Thursday) by the way.... by road.... no RA-Aus CTA yet!068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

I am going to get Caps done again soon so stay tuned for that.

A fews ago I had an idea of getting some "In case of emergency please contact 04....." small stickers with the Recreational Flying logo on them and you could write your phone number on it and place it somewhere on your aircraft, perhaps bottom of door window. Would be good if there was an issue for example with your tie down at an aircraft or whatever...may look into them again if there is an interest...probably give them away free with every Shop order

• Like 1

Thanks Ian,

Caps are an "affirmative" from me. Stickers... best for aircraft care, not as effective for forum member recognition whilst mingling, but still a positive in my opinion. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I am going to get Caps done again soon so stay tuned for that.A fews ago I had an idea of getting some "In case of emergency please contact 04....." small stickers with the Recreational Flying logo on them and you could write your phone number on it and place it somewhere on your aircraft, perhaps bottom of door window. Would be good if there was an issue for example with your tie down at an aircraft or whatever...may look into them again if there is an interest...probably give them away free with every Shop order

Hi Ian

As an idea could you have a uv protected white background sticker made that has your logo on it. Size could be 25mm in depth, with your logo printed on the left and a blank space to the right measuring 125mm or a bit longer. 40 mm on the left has your logo leaving 85 mm from attaching a printed user name (eg mine Blueadventurs printed on a 12mm brother labler is 72 mm long. Therefore I can place phone number under it as well.) Be good if we could purchase for say $5 or $6 with postage and a bit of profit left over for your site contributions. Regards Mike

• Like 1

Thanks Neil, problem with shirts are the so many different sizes needed to be kept in stock but will put some thought into it

• 2 months later...
Hi IanAs an idea could you have a uv protected white background sticker made that has your logo on it. Size could be 25mm in depth, with your logo printed on the left and a blank space to the right measuring 125mm or a bit longer. 40 mm on the left has your logo leaving 85 mm from attaching a printed user name (eg mine Blueadventurs printed on a 12mm brother labler is 72 mm long. Therefore I can place phone number under it as well.) Be good if we could purchase for say $5 or $6 with postage and a bit of profit left over for your site contributions. Regards Mike

Hi Ian I put this detail on the Nynja so if anyone at Old Station this year wants to catch up give me a call; same on other members aircraft would be good. If some one is going and wants a sticker done pm the details and I'll make up and bring down. Cheers

mike.jpg.59d542659d1094314862dba3f8943e16.jpg

My partner reckons there ought to be an antidote available for this site, it's infectious to many like me.

You get up in the middle of the night for a pee and you have to log on to see what's new.

I'm not complaining, I like it that way.

Thanks Ian:thumb up:

Rgds planey

• Winner 2