Max hrs limits in PPL training no avmed?

Hi

CFI has booked me in all day Sat and Sun, I have ARN but no avmed yet. I vaguely remember something about hrs limitations before all paperwork is in place (3hrs rings a bell) I couldn't find anything on CASA which mentioned this, but that wouldn't surprise me.....

I did ask the CFI and he didn't comment.

Am I entitled to do as many hours as I wish from thd get-go or is the CFI jumping the gun? Or am I just confused?

Thanks

Ramjet

HiCFI has booked me in all day Sat and Sun, I have ARN but no avmed yet. I vaguely remember something about hrs limitations before all paperwork is in place (3hrs rings a bell) I couldn't find anything on CASA which mentioned this, but that wouldn't surprise me.....

I did ask the CFI and he didn't comment.

Am I entitled to do as many hours as I wish from thd get-go or is the CFI jumping the gun? Or am I just confused?

Thanks

Ramjet

As for no medical

Do as many hours as you like. But you can't go solo.

The benefit of doing the medical early is you know you have it/l pass it before you spend too much money and find out you will never pass it because you are colour-blind or have some disorder which precludes you ever getting it.

As for ARN I think it's basically you can't do a medical unless you have one. So same issue.

Makes sense.

On reflection I think that 3hr thing could be RA limitation...I dunno, can't remember where I read it.

So if all goes well I could be almost converted in a weekend ! We should easily get 7-8 hrs up, weather being kind.

Thanks.

Ramjet

On 2nd thoughts, without avmed I can't solo, so there's 2 or so hrs of instrument flying, a few circuits and maneuvers and we are done, baring tests. (presuming competency)

My RA hours, XC and Radio certs are all transferable right?

Cheers

R

On 2nd thoughts, without avmed I can't solo, so there's 2 or so hrs of instrument flying, a few circuits and maneuvers and we are done, baring tests. (presuming competency)My RA hours, XC and Radio certs are all transferable right?

Cheers

R

XC transferable when you have 2 hrs inst time and can show 5 hrs or more solo nav. Radio transferable when you have level 4 English or above. No solo required. Licence useable when you have passed a BFR in a GA aircraft and you have a medical.