[11 Aug 2017] Bush Flyers down under. Muster in the mallee (South australia)

flyerme

16508523_10211715679428570_4249674372348138700_n.jpg?oh=d798b74ea2442cd1a5cfe93f90d5cced&oe=590B00AE

hello. I ( with help from Patrick Normoyle) am holding a private fly in " muster in the mallee" for " Bush Flyers Down Under ." in August 11-12 here at my place.

Will be BBQ. Breaky , underwing camping. bonfire, live music ( by Jack Flyer) STOL, show'n'shine ( with my famous home made trophies that may or may not last the trip home?)

More details to come.

NOTE: strip is only 450 meters from fence to hangar. SO FLY IN AT OWN RISK

This is a non for profit event. No landing or camping fees however meals will be $10 per meal Inc softdrink tea and coffee.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Sherlock,

Thanks for hosting this event and sound interesting. I might be interested and inquire details of your strip. My Savvy should cope with a 450 metre strip. Cheers Matt

• Like 1

16508523_10211715679428570_4249674372348138700_n.jpg?oh=d798b74ea2442cd1a5cfe93f90d5cced&oe=590B00AEhello. I ( with help from Patrick Normoyle) am holding a private fly in " muster in the mallee" for " Bush Flyers Down Under ." in August 11-12 here at my place.

Will be BBQ. Breaky , underwing camping. bonfire, live music ( by Jack Flyer) STOL, show'n'shine ( with my famous home made trophies that may or may not last the trip home?)

More details to come.

NOTE: strip is only 450 meters from fence to hangar. SO FLY IN AT OWN RISK

This is a non for profit event. No landing or camping fees however meals will be $10 per meal Inc softdrink tea and coffee.

Take the back of the hangar wall out please. Just in case! - smile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Let's hope Jacky Boy the weather gods are shiningI got me eye on the longest distance flown trophy lol

I want the trophy for going through the fence Alf

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Haha 1

I want the trophy for going through the fence Alf008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Hmmm not one I'd be chasing, but then again it is all up to the individual on the day

And really I'm after nothing more than catching up with Tim but this time flying in instead of driving in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting in is no problem, that's what the fence is for, it's getting out that's the problem.... it's a way of adding to Flyerme's aircraft collection. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.Alan.

Valid point Guernsey, but!!!!!!! Jacky boy is not after modern day stuff like ours

He will probably just melt them down and sell the aluminium ingots and EBay the instruments

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just out of interest, what types of aircraft have you had into your 450 metre strip? Anything GA?

Video of last year showing aircraft types

EDIT AT BOTTOM..... Bush Flyers Down Under - Muster in the mallee. 11/12/13 Aug... At Sherlock private bush strip

Friday - early bird arrivals - bbq lunch and tea (bush style camping) Tea and coffee incl... Soft drink cans avail to buy.

Saturday- breaky 8am. - arrivals (preferably before 10/30am). STOL ..lunch show'n'shine. ww1 flying

Saturday night- hangar dinner ,live music, aviation movies. Bon fire. bush style camping. (Will be lighting porta toilet and fire drums)

Sunday -depart

$10 per meal (And donations welcome to cover costs)

static display will be the 1975 55kg whing ding. And the 1980 jackaroo. If wx IS kind I will do an air display in my famous Nieuport 11 fighter/scout

Also my aviation art gallery, some pieces for sale ;)

DISCLAIMER:

this is a private non insured event and as such all attending attend and participating do so at there own risk.

1 runway 23/05. 450 mtrs from fence to Hangar , Is mostly 1 way in / out due to hangar and depending on plane performance. See here for last years flyin video https://youtu.be/c66Mqo_abMo

sherlock International is a small 40 acre private property located on the sth/wst corner of mallee hwy and Peter rd. as such there is a limited number of park/camping spots so please Confirm attendance ...

Ctaf (126.7) elv 60ft

edit: there will be a door prize for the hangar dinner.

also will be trophies for the. " sherlock'de'elegance." (show n shin.), STOL landings and longest distance flown ,

and there is an award (the jack flyer award) made from a genuine 1976 wooden ultralight propellr tip ;) fir the quirkiest plane (that is not myown)

and a raffle. (Proseeds go to covering costs) thank you

• Like 1

We have a chef catering all meals :). $10 per meal. Tea coffee water free. Cans of drink and bottked water $1 ech

Lots happening ;).

STOL now held after lunch Sat.

At this stage( fingers xed)fir wx but sat looking super awesome.

If wx is nit doable will hold it the following weekend (to much $ invested to not go ahead).

Trophies :

1. Jack Flyer Award - Jacks pick

2. Longest distance flown

3.Shortest landing- STOL

4. Shortest take off -STOL

5.Sherlock D'elegance. -Show'n'Shine

6.Peoples choice-Show'n'shine

7. Mystry award ;)

IMG_2282.JPG.f21558b9fb7b2453b37c158281ce0c65.JPG

Y

Sherlock, is there ability to get mogas from somewhere near, ie borrow a vehicle and do a container run? Thanks Matt

yes tailem bend 30kms can take my commy and i have coupke jerries

No fuel is sherlock?

Yes and no Fuel pump only 500 mtrs up rd but only open 4 hours a week !!!!! They will open for a $15 fee. But not sure what petrol tgey get? I use it it mybp,anes and cars ect no drama. But its easier and cheaper to just drive to tailem and back ;)

Yes and no Fuel pump only 500 mtrs up rd but only open 4 hours a week !!!!! They will open for a $15 fee. But not sure what petrol tgey get? I use it it mybp,anes and cars ect no drama. But its easier and cheaper to just drive to tailem and back ;)

Crazy!!, will make sure I bring enough fuel for return trip!!

Otherwise for others, murray bridge airfield is not too far away and they have avgas.

• Agree 1

Scre80, fuel only is "he's Holmes" ha ha and that's elementary my dear boy.

Flyerme (Jacky). Thanks for offer for refueling. I plan to leave Penfield (near Sunbury Victoria) soon after first light, Wx 4cast and vis permitting, and reckon its a 3-4 hr trip so into your strip around 11am and overnighting.

• Like 2

Just a day to go Jacky Lad, I hope your have great weather and a great turn up, you put so much time, effort and commitment into everything you do and I'm sure your second Muster In The Mallee will be awesome and looking forward to some pics and videos, wish I could be there, cheers buddy

bush-fliers-down-umder.jpg.f434f1736aa6826dd7c84096a6b27398.jpg

• Like 2