Sport Pilot, Your views

-Rod-

Memberships are date joined based , not finnancial year.

Really? Since when? I first joined in about 1984 so I don't recall the month. Then I went commercial and had a long break and re-joined. It certainly wasn't on 1st July but my membership runs 01/07 to 30/06 year by year. Which month is your renewal due? And what year did you join?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Since when? I first joined in about 1984 so I don't recall the month. Then I went commercial and had a long break and re-joined. It certainly wasn't on 1st July but my membership runs 01/07 to 30/06 year by year. Which month is your renewal due? And what year did you join?

November

• Haha 1

I took the offer up. 6 month subscription is $49.00 & 1 year $69.00 so I added a year on to my current subscription for $50.00. I think it was an EOFY thing. Worked for me. My annual subs are due 24th of July which is the anniversary of my original joining date.

My annual membership was due 23 Jun which was also the date of my original membership.

I took the opportunity to join for a further 5 years thus avoiding this price rise and any subsequent price rises over the next 5 years.

I took the offer up. 6 month subscription is $49.00 & 1 year $69.00 so I added a year on to my current subscription for $50.00. I think it was an EOFY thing. Worked for me. My annual subs are due 24th of July which is the anniversary of my original joining date.

Interesting that you added a year to your existing subscription when the offer was

"This offer is valid for one day only, online only, and is available to current financial members who do not already have an existing subscription."

Glad you got another year of subscription at an even greater subsidy from members funds than your last subscription.

They are holding an election at moment ... let's hope they understand and apply their rules in that one a bit more logically

Interesting that you added a year to your existing subscription when the offer was"This offer is valid for one day only, online only, and is available to current financial members who do not already have an existing subscription."

Glad you got another year of subscription at an even greater subsidy from members funds than your last subscription.

They are holding an election at moment ... let's hope they understand and apply their rules in that one a bit more logically

I didn't even read that bit but just checked my Visa account & they have debited $50.00 & my on line account shows an extra year added. I also thought I might beat the subs price rise by paying early but no that was already changed to $235.00 on 30/6. It is due for renewal on 24/7.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read Sport Pilot since I didn't take up the option with the membership increase. Having just received the issue with the voting details for the up coming election my first reaction to reading the mag is that is more like the old CASA crash comic than ever before. It appears we are paying to be preached to - at the end of the day I guess that there may be a lesson for all of us in these anecdotal tales of other pilots misfortune, just a pity we are paying for this even if we haven't taken up the option.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I like construction and maintenance articles. I guess they are harder to come by than the others, and diagrams are a lot harder than photos.

A couple of years ago, I wrote an article about cooling of air-cooled engines, with the main example being the Jabiru.

No reply has ever come, and I would have appreciated something, even if it said that my stuff was too boring and technical.

The editor could well be right. There are fewer of us every year who care about technical stuff.