Need help with tacho installation

DAVID SEE

received new tachometer. and instruction sheet is not much help It is a VDO 333015032x I have googled it and found the correct setting for the switches in the back of it to suit my 582 but haven't been able to find which terminal is + & - and which one is for the eng. pulse?

Will try and add photos -----no I can't seem to work that bit out Can someone explain how I can do that please. I'm not real clever when it comes to these things

received new tachometer. and instruction sheet is not much help It is a VDO 333015032x I have googled it and found the correct setting for the switches in the back of it to suit my 582 but haven't been able to find which terminal is + & - and which one is for the eng. pulse?

G`Day David, You need the Grey wire that is part of the bundle of wires that come from the Stator Coil. Your Taco, should have two terminals! one goes to earth and the Grey wire goes to the other.

Frank.

received new tachometer. and instruction sheet is not much help It is a VDO 333015032x I have googled it and found the correct setting for the switches in the back of it to suit my 582 but haven't been able to find which terminal is + & - and which one is for the eng. pulse?Will try and add photos -----no I can't seem to work that bit out Can someone explain how I can do that please. I'm not real clever when it comes to these things

Hi David,

Can I make a suggestion,

This is an aircraft that you are going to fly and possibly take passengers in with you, if you are not 110% sure of what to do please pay a qualified LAME to conduct the replacement for this or any other part you need to change out.

Like all instruments the tacho is pretty important and should be functioning correctly. It concerns me that people will carry out work on aircraft when they have no idea of what they are doing.

Cheers

• Agree 1

G`Day David, You need the Grey wire that is part of the bundle of wires that come from the Stator Coil. Your Taco, should have two terminals! one goes to earth and the Grey wire goes to the other.Frank.

Thanks Farri, sorry mate but I didn't explain things enough as I I was trying to put a photo of the back of the tacho on here and somehow the gate got knocked open and my query bolted out the gate.....what I didn't say was that I'm actually changing tachos over (old one buggerd) and wiring is all still there, but the new tac has no indication of what wires go to what blade?

My wife googled what she could but no luck yet. Anything we found had four or more terminal blades on the back, and this one has three if I hook it up wrong I'm afraid it might let the smoke out

Hi David,Can I make a suggestion,

This is an aircraft that you are going to fly and possibly take passengers in with you, if you are not 110% sure of what to do please pay a qualified LAME to conduct the replacement for this or any other part you need to change out.

Like all instruments the tacho is pretty important and should be functioning correctly. It concerns me that people will carry out work on aircraft when they have no idea of what they are doing.

Cheers

Thanks Farri, sorry mate but I didn't explain things enough as I I was trying to put a photo of the back of the tacho on here and somehow the gate got knocked open and my query bolted out the gate.....what I didn't say was that I'm actually changing tachos over (old one buggerd) and wiring is all still there, but the new tac has no indication of what wires go to what blade?My wife googled what she could but no luck yet. Anything we found had four or more terminal blades on the back, and this one has three if I hook it up wrong I'm afraid it might let the smoke out

What about page 3 here David ?

https://www.vdo-instruments.com/media/instructions/0%20515%20010%20444%20--%20Tachometer%20Installation%20and%20Operations%20Instructions%20Ducati&Rotax.pdf

Jason

Thanks Farri, sorry mate but I didn't explain things enough as I I was trying to put a photo of the back of the tacho on here and somehow the gate got knocked open and my query bolted out the gate.....what I didn't say was that I'm actually changing tachos over (old one buggerd) and wiring is all still there, but the new tac has no indication of what wires go to what blade?My wife googled what she could but no luck yet. Anything we found had four or more terminal blades on the back, and this one has three if I hook it up wrong I'm afraid it might let the smoke out

Hi Kununurra, don't worry mate, it might sound like I'm doing it myself, sorry if it came over like that but anything I do, as in adjusting brakes etc. is thoroughly checked out by a level2. I know I'm only relatively low hour with just on 1000 hr. in logbook but am not one who does stupid things or takes risks. It's just that when I phoned the L2 he asked me what I had and he said OK that's alright, have a read of the papers that came with it as it won't hurt to know how they are set up, will try again to stick a pic. on here.

Cheers Dave.