The lunatics have jumped ship!

old man emu

oh yeh blame the mrs when the real story is the Nikon exploded when 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif back off sweet pea 100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif112_im_stupid.gif.235c6602d589883b543a8ad3d313ca3c.gif:help:neil

OK Neil, . . .I'll fess up. !

The last camera wasn't a Nikon, it was a Canon Powershot. I'd taken some pics of a job, then whilst the customer and I were having a fag and a chat, I placed it, in it's case, nresting on the back of the van roof. . . .I drove away forgetting it was there.

It all goes to show that smoking is bad for your camera.

It got handed in to Cannock Nick by a really nice lady, who saw it bouncing along the road but was unable to alert me as I beat her thru the traffic lights. . . Everythng Works on it, apart from the rear vid screen. . it lights up, but no vid signal. Can't seem to get a replcement part from Canon. . .shame that, it was a lot less complex to operate than my Nikon Coolpix 840 bridge jobbie, which has a 950 page instruction manual. . . .

Only problem with that being that I can only sort of understand that part of the instructions which are printed in English and French. . . .

• Informative 1

Hi Phil, what's the zoom on the P840? My son and daughter each have a P900 with 83x zoom. A couple of sample shots from the same location - wide angle and 83x zoom. Scene looking up our street, with a sign on the school fence at the end of the street.

361949811_P900WideAngle(Custom).JPG.f7112fbc033a45470fae5cf926e704b1.JPG

632291874_P900telephoto83xresized.JPG.a398bccd8cca082b6d78c77774b00562.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Phil, what's the zoom on the P840? My son and daughter each have a P900 with 83x zoom. A couple of sample shots from the same location - wide angle and 83x zoom. Scene looking up our street, with a sign on the school fence at the end of the street.[ATTACH=full]50082[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]50083[/ATTACH]

That's very good resolution Peter. . .to be honest, I've only had the thing for a very short time, and heve not got my head around the basics yet. . . I did manage to get a lucky shot of a passing airliner, an ATR Turboprop. . .must have been at least 3,000 feet, . . . by steadying it against a building. . .I could read the name of the company easily. . .this is the perennial trouble with zoom pics,. . .I have a Pentax ME Super 35mm unit with a Tokina 70-210mm Zoom. This is difficult to use without fast film and or a tripod. . .

Those photos were taken hand held, leaning on the rear hatch of my Ford Festiva. There is an additional digital zoom on top of the opotical zoom. Here is the extension.

637492360_P900telephotoplusdigitalresized.JPG.59da43ef2d8defcd3210ba647f7fdc1e.JPG

Those photos were taken hand held, leaning on the rear hatch of my Ford Festiva. There is an additional digital zoom on top of the opotical zoom. Here is the extension.[ATTACH=full]50084[/ATTACH]

YEP. . . .It's fairly obvious why YOU Peter,. . .are the Royal Court Photographer on this 'ere site mate ! I used to was DEEPLY into semi-pro photography, I managed to sell lots of aerial shots after I bought my first Flexwing / trike Microlight . . Surprisingly,. . .I never got 'Shot at' either ! But never got seriously into digitals. I bought a very early American model, stored only 12 pics, but the colours were a bit wishy washy so I flogged it on. . .that, was a lot of years ago. . .

OK Neil, . . .I'll fess up. !The last camera wasn't a Nikon, it was a Canon Powershot. I'd taken some pics of a job, then whilst the customer and I were having a fag and a chat, I placed it, in it's case, nresting on the back of the van roof. . . .I drove away forgetting it was there.

It all goes to show that smoking is bad for your camera.

It got handed in to Cannock Nick by a really nice lady, who saw it bouncing along the road but was unable to alert me as I beat her thru the traffic lights. . . Everythng Works on it, apart from the rear vid screen. . it lights up, but no vid signal. Can't seem to get a replcement part from Canon. . .shame that, it was a lot less complex to operate than my Nikon Coolpix 840 bridge jobbie, which has a 950 page instruction manual. . . .

Only problem with that being that I can only sort of understand that part of the instructions which are printed in English and French. . . .

I purchased a Canon Powershot SX710. I settled on that one because it still had good manual features but was a lot smaller than my other half's huge Nikon, which a just a bugger to carry in the cockpit. I made a longer lanyard for it so that it can be held at arms length without taking it off your neck while flying. It's not the most expensive camera in the world, but I'd still hate to lose it from the Drifter cockpit.

It has 30X optical zoom, which is impossible to hold steady while flying.

• Like 1

Picture coming next week?

Sod the camera,. . .I found out where they got it from !

1831181339_OLDGUYSRULE2.PNG.df4fe8eab7a6fde15bd29eedf7523026.PNG

Can't post the online retailer link, as it's against the site rules "No Commercial Advertising to be posted"

There may well be a way to order one of these via the RFsite for the OLD GUY that you love, . . . on some of the UK blogs, you can do this and then the site gets some avertising revenue out of it. . . . don't know if Ian has this set up though. . .

This is of course under the assumption that your beloved 'Old Guy' also appreciates music by the great "PLANK FLOORED" 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I've got every utterence of theirs. . .right back to 'See Emily Play'. . . .( OK. so I'm an old fart ! )

• Helpful 1

Sod the camera,. . .I found out where they got it from ![ATTACH=full]50111[/ATTACH]

Can't post the online retailer link, as it's against the site rules "No Commercial Advertising to be posted"

There may well be a way to order one of these via the RFsite for the OLD GUY that you love, . . . on some of the UK blogs, you can do this and then the site gets some avertising revenue out of it. . . . don't know if Ian has this set up though. . .

This is of course under the assumption that your beloved 'Old Guy' also appreciates music by the great "PLANK FLOORED" 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I've got every utterence of theirs. . .right back to 'See Emily Play'. . . .( OK. so I'm an old fart ! )

That t-shirt is an interesting variation. Is there anybody out there?