Hi Everyone

DC16

Another newcomer ...

I had 5 hours of lessons 3 years ago, then stopped for a number of reasons.

Now back into it again at the ripe young age of 50, weekly lessons where I can and hoping to obtain cross country ticket eventually...

Bonus is my 17 YO son is also taking lessons :)

• Like 3

Another newcomer ...I had 5 hours of lessons 3 years ago, then stopped for a number of reasons.

Now back into it again at the ripe young age of 50, weekly lessons where I can and hoping to obtain cross country ticket eventually...

Bonus is my 17 YO son is also taking lessons :)

Hey there from NZ...lots of nice Foxbats parked in your neck of the woods, as I recall. What are you training in???

Hi and welcome DC16.

It's an awesome experience getting your RPC and XC. It gets better as you progress. It's good to have your son on board as well. Keeps us up to date on how you are progressing.

Cheers,

Tony

• Agree 1

Hi All

Thanks for acknowledgement :)

Sorry IBob, I had to google Foxbats, I wasn't sure what they were, so if they are prominent around here, I am oblivious. I am flying at Tyabb, we primarily have the 152 Cessnas which luckily handle some of the "not so great" landings pretty well...

I am looking forward to down the track doing more than circuits just so I can take a little time to enjoy the view, also looking forward to flying with the young bloke, At the same time, I am also aware it is important to get the training, get it right, etc

Will log on regularly and post.

David

Just been for medical. May be a problem with sleep apnoea in the past ...

as far as I'm aware, that would only hinder you if you were going for a RPL or PPL, but not necessarily RPC through RAAaus. If you are fit enough to drive a car you are fit enough to fly. However there are some conditions still that would be a problem and these are listed in the Ops Manual. You can find this manual on the RAAus websiteTony

Welcome aboard, and good luck with your medical. I'm spending a lot of time going backwards and forwards to Tyabb at the moment. My plane is based at Moorabbin and my partners very new plane is currently at Tyabb. Hence regular ferry flights. Seems like a really nice friendly airport and club.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Raised in Mornington myself, chased many a Pines girl back in the day though!

Never chased a Pines girl, but married a Frankston girl 25 years ago, still married now.

I actually play superules at the Pines footy ground :)

• Like 1

as far as I'm aware, that would only hinder you if you were going for a RPL or PPL, but not necessarily RPC through RAAaus. If you are fit enough to drive a car you are fit enough to fly. However there are some conditions still that would be a problem and these are listed in the Ops Manual. You can find this manual on the RAAus websiteTony

Will hopefully be okay, DAME was okay with it. Spoke to AVMED today, hope to get the certificate next week, fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard, and good luck with your medical. I'm spending a lot of time going backwards and forwards to Tyabb at the moment. My plane is based at Moorabbin and my partners very new plane is currently at Tyabb. Hence regular ferry flights. Seems like a really nice friendly airport and club.

Yes, nice at Tyabb :)

I normally fly Friday arvos, when do you fly in, what do you fly, and what is your partner's plane?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DC16,

I am a Frankston local, and fly at Tyabb.

I am building an RV7 at the moment, so if you want to have a look, drop me a PM with your details, and I will be in contact.

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 1

So, it's a good runway to learn on?

I think it would be a good place to learn. The facilities seem great, people friendly and the runway is fine. I just need to grow taller in the RV-6A to see what's in front coming in to land :) No issues in the 9A - can easily see ahead of me. Feel free to send a PM and have a chat.