Interested in building a Savannah S

hangdoc

Hi

I am a pilot in Hamilton, NZ. Currently flying a Zenair 601xl and liking it plenty but have a thirst for a STOL machine and to build it myself if necessary. I have built a Skyranger before but otherwise am green to the building process although not too daunted by it. Like the extensive forum posts on building the Savannah too!

Paul

HiI am a pilot in Hamilton, NZ. Currently flying a Zenair 601xl and liking it plenty but have a thirst for a STOL machine and to build it myself if necessary. I have built a Skyranger before but otherwise am green to the building process although not too daunted by it. Like the extensive forum posts on building the Savannah too!

Paul

Hi Paul, and welcome.

Part way through my (first) build here, and have found this place and it's members to be an invaluable resource, both in the build and in all aspects of flying (I'm low hours).

Welcome Paul.

You should get good info from tjis site. I havn't built a Savvy, but have seen several being constructed and they look very easy. They are also very good planes to fly.

They are far easier to build than the couple that I have built whioch are a Corby Starlet and an RV4.

The aluminium seems to come all cut and shaped and oles drilled, so it is just a quick build using pulled rivets. If I was thinking of building again that is the way i would go.

Whatever, enjoy flying and building.

• Like 1

Welcome hangdoc.

I am planning to build a Savannah starting later this year (when I can get a couple of months off work). I have researched many kinds of aircraft and, no matter which I looked at it, the Savannah continued to tick most of the boxes for me.

• Like 1

Welcome hangdoc.I am planning to build a Savannah starting later this year (when I can get a couple of months off work). I have researched many kinds of aircraft and, no matter which I looked at it, the Savannah continued to tick most of the boxes for me.

Eightyknots. Have you purchased your savannah yet? It seems Reg Brost may no longer be the rep for Savannahs. Do you know anything about that?

CarlosHank is in NZ...I heard Reg was looking at off loading the business as he wants to retire to the farm....I havent heard if he has actually sold it yet.

Darn! just as I am becoming very interested in a savannah, I sent Reg an email but no reply to date.

You need to contact the local agent - Philip Seale, based near Christchurch at Forest Field - he is very active, having sold a large number of Savannah kits and is good to deal with. I can get you contact details if you wish.

You need to contact the local agent - Philip Seale, based near Christchurch at Forest Field - he is very active, having sold a large number of Savannah kits and is good to deal with. I can get you contact details if you wish.

Yes please, if you could forward me the details, much appreciated

Eightyknots. Have you purchased your savannah yet? It seems Reg Brost may no longer be the rep for Savannahs. Do you know anything about that?

Hi TFS.

I spoke to Reg, at his farm, about six months ago and there was no suggestion that he was going to sell the Savannah dealership.

Perhaps Kyle Communications will buy the business? 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

I spoke to Reg yesterday about it. Reg still has the business but is looking for someone...I would buy it if I had the bucks but dont have those sort of spare dollars laying around as it is not a full time business its a part time one realistically.

Carlos Use the mobile number for Reg and send him a SMS. I think he has kits in stock at the moment.

I spoke to Reg yesterday about it. Reg still has the business but is looking for someone...I would buy it if I had the bucks but dont have those sort of spare dollars laying around as it is not a full time business its a part time one realistically.Carlos Use the mobile number for Reg and send him a SMS. I think he has kits in stock at the moment.

Thanks Guys, Reg is alive and well, I just paid up for the S kit and can't stop smiling!!, now counting the days for the delivery, I need to finish the hanger I'm building at home so the rush is on. Talk about rush, don't forget to watch the flying show tomorrow night, I get to talk to Skip Stewart and we get to see him perform.

regards

Carlos