Looking for a seat around Brisbane

MichaelM

FWIW, I dont charge a single cent when anyone comes flying with me. Sometimes people buy me lunch, sometime people shout me a beer at the pub afterward, I don't expect anything. I am only going flying when I want too, not when someone else wants me too. What goes around comes around, Compensation may come in seeing someone enjoy flying, it may come in seeing someone else accomplish their dream of flying, I don't really care.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

FWIW, I dont charge a single cent when anyone comes flying with me. Sometimes people buy me lunch, sometime people shout me a beer at the pub afterward, I don't expect anything. I am only going flying when I want too, not when someone else wants me too. What goes around comes around, Compensation may come in seeing someone enjoy flying, it may come in seeing someone else accomplish their dream of flying, I don't really care.

Totally agree

That is certainly the vibe I am getting from all those who have kindly offered a seat should one come up. Many thanks again to all those who have put their hands up.

Totally agree. I reckon the greatest reward for taking someone for a fly is when they get the bug and follow it through by learning to fly themselves.

It's funny how when you are learning to fly you can't wait to fly by yourself, yet once you have done a bit on your own you soon realise it's much better to have someone with you to share the fun.

• Like 1

Hey MichaelM, this would be a great video compilation opportunity for you. Flying in many types of aircraft with many different pilots, it could be quite entertaining...

Tony

• Like 1

while on legalities .

If I wanted to put my tools of trade into my RAA or GA experimental aeroplane , and fly out to old mate out back .

Do some plastering and not deduct the cost of the flight for tax purposes , would this be legal?

I believe that you cannot use the aircraft for reward , but can you use it to get you to a place where you get the "reward"

while on legalities .If I wanted to put my tools of trade into my RAA or GA experimental aeroplane , and fly out to old mate out back .

Do some plastering and not deduct the cost of the flight for tax purposes , would this be legal?

I believe that you cannot use the aircraft for reward , but can you use it to get you to a place where you get the "reward"

Its legal in GA, not sure about RAA though.

From memory, you can also be in a paid position and fly a company aircraft on your PPL, however you cannot carry pax not employed by the company, nor can you carry fare paying pax or cargo. To confirm this I would have to go re-read the regs, but I recall it from Bob Taits classes.

while on legalities .If I wanted to put my tools of trade into my RAA or GA experimental aeroplane , and fly out to old mate out back .

Many people do this. It's still a private flight. Your business could own the aircraft and you could use it to fly as part of your work. There are plenty of farmers out there who own RAAus aircraft and it is just another piece of machinery as far as the taxman is concerned.

• Agree 1