Does your aircraft fit your flying style?

[ATTACH=full]50479[/ATTACH] Yep sure doesP2002 Tecnam Sierra

100kts cruise on 14lph, 6 hrs range & good payload

People used to say after I finished trike flying that 100kts won't be enough and I'd be looking for more

Well after 8 years triking at 60 kts and the last 4 1/2 years at 100, 100 is plenty enough for me as I'm 40 minutes ahead every hour in front of the trike

Love the P2002 as well. XC flight uses 18 ltr/hr . If i do a hour of circuits it does come down to 14 .

Lol and runways should be in rods and chains! The younger ones wont know what they are!!

I always like the idea of leagues...being 3 nautical miles at sea but 3 miles on land...more or less, depending on which particular land.

What could possibly go wrong????...............059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

The Earth is flat remember.....careful what ruler you use:-) if the Earth was round like most people foolishly believe then rulers would be bent also...loo

Yep. And 500years of Mercator projections has left us with a totally distorted view of what that flat world looks like:

Boston Students Get A Glimpse Of A Whole New World, With Different Maps

After four hang gliders (still have Moyes SX4), three trikes, a Quicksilver GT400, Cessna 150A (which I converted to a Texas tail dragger), Corby Starlet I have settled on paragliders/ paramotor and Jabiru UL450. The UL450 gives me plenty of challenge two seats, some luggage and economy - 100 knots at 13-14 litres per hour.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 years later...

That would be fun, align the plane with the way you are going by a burst of throttle. Easier in an RV8 than most other aircraft due to the good visibility.

To stop you turn with throttle and rudder until you are going backwards, then throttle to reduce speed.

• Like 1