TL 3000 Sirius

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Still looking for any owners of TL 3000 Sirius aircraft in Australia. If you know of any please let me know.Regards, John.

John, I'm interested in buying a TL 3000 & want to contact owners to discuss their experiences. With the RAA register down, I've only managed to find one owner at Deniliquin.

Would you like to share any info we collect?

If you'd like to keep in touch, let me know how to do that off line, I'm new to this board & can't figure out how to do a private message.

Peter

Click on your avatar (symbol at top of menu bar), and click on Conversations. 'Start Conversation' button at top right.

Alternatively, click on the envelope icon.

Click on your avatar (symbol at top of menu bar), and click on Conversations. 'Start Conversation' button at top right.Alternatively, click on the envelope icon.

Click on your avatar (symbol at top of menu bar), and click on Conversations. 'Start Conversation' button at top right.Alternatively, click on the envelope icon.

thanks for that, as usual, obvious when someone else points it out!

• 2 months later...
John, I'm interested in buying a TL 3000 & want to contact owners to discuss their experiences. With the RAA register down, I've only managed to find one owner at Deniliquin.Would you like to share any info we collect?

If you'd like to keep in touch, let me know how to do that off line, I'm new to this board & can't figure out how to do a private message.

Peter

Hi. I own a Sirius in New Zealand. Keen to connect with other owners and very happy to talk about my great machine

Hi. I own a Sirius in New Zealand. Keen to connect with other owners and very happy to talk about my great machine

Since my first message I've now found 4 owners, 3 happy, 1 very unhappy, plus yourself. Would like to phone you to ask you some questions, if you've the time & inclination. Peter

gre

Since my first message I've now found 4 owners, 3 happy, 1 very unhappy, plus yourself. Would like to phone you to ask you some questions, if you've the time & inclination. Peter

Great. I'm one of the happy owners. Call me any time today if that suits.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted on 11 JAN 18 that, in my search for TL 3000 Sirius owners, I found 4 happy & 1 unhappy. I've had feedback that some members of this discussion group have focused more on the one 'unhappy' comment, rather than the four 'happy'.

Since the original post, I've now been in contact with eight owners, seven of whom are happy. The detailed opinions & experiences of the 'happy' owners has been overwhelmingly positive and I'm seriously considering buying one.

Have a look on the large number of Facebook sites on TL Ultralight for more info.

Incidentally, I heard that they are changing the company name to TL Aviation.

I'm happy to chat about what I've learnt & interested to talk to any other owners I haven't yet found.

Hi, I am very happy with my Sirius  ZK-KKQ.  It is an absolute please to fly and very reliable ive done around 150 hours on it and the aircraft around 450 total.   The only significant issue I have is the maintenance documentation is not very clear generally. In particular I encourage all owners to ensure there is regular direct visual checks of the inside of the nose gear strut and that it is properly lubricated. Proper inspection requires disassembly by removal of the through bolt that holds the lower fork to the strutt attached to the firewall.  Have a look on the American agents web site for several usual tip for pilots of the Tl Aircraft. Cheers 

• Helpful 1

The one unhappy owner probably owns the one I saw do the heaviest landing I have ever seen with an aircraft still in taxying condition after at Shute Harbour Airshow a couple of years ago.   It came from Emerald I believe. 

• 6 months later...