Incident at Caboolture 29 Jun 17

The ch9 news shows some video but it was pretty dark...I think it may have been the SE5A biplane..it had camo wings by the look of it...2 ppl walked away all ok they said...wings hit the ground the report said..not sure it was pretty vague

There were 2 planes, what appeared to be a yellow low wing 2 seater, and the bi-plane with the camo wings Kyle mentioned. Both appeared to be in good shape but the video was dark and grainy. Still nothing on the news so it must have been not that bad, thankfully.

Spoke today to a instructor who was first on the scene. Only the 1 aircraft ..it was the SE5A and apparently she is stuffed. It was on its side and the wings trashed. The front seat guy was stuck and had a bit of trouble getting out so thank god there was no fire. I am led to believe they were on landing and it dropped a wing and it dug in and the rest just followed. Themain thing is all POB are ok...aircraft can be rebuilt or replaced

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

Thanks for the info Kyle. It's good that all are ok.

Those early aircraft stalled so easily, until they learned to put that little twist in the wings, so the whole wing wouldn't stall at once. It was a big killer of the early pilots.

• Informative 3

The SE5A was only flown just recently. I think it was built here by the TVAS guys..maybe only first flew before easter. Even though its new it still has the problems with flying it just like the original...I think it was a exact replica too...so a lot of work to make

...Those early aircraft stalled so easily, until they learned to put that little twist in the wings, so the whole wing wouldn't stall at once. It was a big killer of the early pilots.

...unfortunately, that's the sort of minor detail our Cambodian friend is unlikely to be aware of.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

There were 2 planes, what appeared to be a yellow low wing 2 seater, and the bi-plane with the camo wings Kyle mentioned. Both appeared to be in good shape but the video was dark and grainy. Still nothing on the news so it must have been not that bad, thankfully.

The low wing was a CT4 going to help out.

• Like 1