RAAUS election deadline extended.

Ayecapt

Raaus feels its not their fault that Aust post did not deliver sports pilot in time for some members to vote.

But who took the decision to include ballot papers in a magazine in the first place?

If the election is important then ballot papers should go out by normal mail. Cost cutting decisions like this make the organisation look amatuer.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be childish to ask to see the written and agreed rules for this election that allows the extension to be done on the last day of voting ... and it'd would be a hoot to see how this sits with fairness ...

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

It would be childish to ask to see the written and agreed rules for this election that allows the extension to be done on the last day of voting ... and it'd would be a hoot to see how this sits with fairness ...

I'll give you three guesses!

But who cares? There's an old saying "Snoozers are Losers."

• Agree 1

my understanding of the con is that this is not allowed I am writing to raa calling this election a farce and illegal as to what has happened that's if there so called up to date computors let me in and recognize my email address neil

• Agree 1

Yes, totally infantile to suggest that documented agreements, fairness, "let's scrap the whole thing and do it again legally and correctly" should be brought into a subject that accords such little importance as elections to a Board of Directors. Kasper, you are a scalliwag! In God we trust????

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, totally infantile to suggest that documented agreements, fairness, "let's scrap the whole thing and do it again legally and correctly" should be brought into a subject that accords such little importance as elections to a Board of Directors. Kasper, you are a scalliwag! In God we trust????

Not a scalliwag ... but you should see the rubbish reply from Tech office I got today on the application of AN 08082014 to single seater aircraft under 95.10 that have disassembly of fight controls due to disassembly each flight as it comes on/off/out of the hangar/trailer ... and I will not share it as I will be forwarding it back to tech ... and EVERY director AND CASA for them ti see how much they make it up on the fly and how it actually DOES NOT LEGALLY sit within either the tech manual or the act/regs/orders ... Did you realise that according to Tech office I have to time travel back to 1986 to have a duplicate inspection done on an aircraft BEFORE FIRST FLIGHT and on my other one I'm still scratching my head on if I need the Tardis to take me back to before first flight on the Australian register as 95.10 or first flight on the UK register ... and of course that would be taking an L2 with me to the UK where it was built ... such fun this week

• Like 1

Well I think good on them for

1, sending the forms out with a mag (it gets all of us a mag to read and maybe an extra subscription or two, I don't know how much cheaper it would be than a letter mail out but letters aren't cheap anymore.)

2, giving us all a few more days. Seriously people complain that there wasn't enough time and now people are complaining that they are extending the deadline.

• Agree 10

A problem caused by Australiasysalia post. post has been solved by common sense.

A problem created by the board not allowing enough time for well known and long standing delivery issues with a form of ballot distribution chosen by the board as an opportunity to advertise its magazine to its own members is not the fault of Australia post.

They could have had rules that actually limited statements to 1 page or "x" words with ssimple cut off at x + 1 words that could be sent by standard post with very strong expectation of delivery within 7-9 working days.

If they wished they could have made the materials downloadable rom within the member site.

If they had listened to people before the constitution was pushed through they could have even had full online voting from within the member portal.

Sorry but the creation of the need to fix the error sits with the board and/or CEO who chose to put this election process into use when there was every expectation it would fail exactly as it has failed.

Own your errors and learn from them. Common sense but not really the first thing you think of with governance and control at RAAus

• Agree 4

Well I think good on them for1, sending the forms out with a mag (it gets all of us a mag to read and maybe an extra subscription or two, I don't know how much cheaper it would be than a letter mail out but letters aren't cheap anymore.)

2, giving us all a few more days. Seriously people complain that there wasn't enough time and now people are complaining that they are extending the deadline.

Once you start managing by a wink and a nod, it starts a path on taking other liberties, and after a while usually ends in tears.

The organisation went digital, the poor magazine sales indicated that was a correct decision, they could have provided ample time by circulating the material digitally.

• Agree 1

A problem caused by Australia post has been solved by common sense.

Conversely, a problem caused by lack of forethought and blinkered vison has been exacerbated. Aust Post and RAA appear to operate on about the same degree of inefficiency. Riley

• Agree 1

the governance of the organization was going to be up dated all rules were going to be followed what a crock of bullxxx management is still playing with the notion that you will go along with what they do is write not this black duck

So if you go that way say good by to raa I can see another casa audit coming if casa don't then there is a failure of governance by casa neil

• Agree 1

Anyone at RAA heard of the Internet? Online ballot, just block Russian IP addresses.

Full results within 5 minutes of the polls close. Simples.

Aleks.png.a74e5711586da5574d5eec30b2a22fbf.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

that would require the RAA to pay for more coding, they should have built this into the original specifications for the the information system but alas the old board etc. etc.

I looked into how to build online voting that could ensure anonymity, the problem is you always end up with an activity log that reads "member x voted at 9:45am, candidate y received a vote at 9:45am"

There's a legal requirement to send a reliable notification by a suitable time (usually 21 days). Diifferent rates for postage can give delays or pay priority to (hopefully) avoid. Magazines are often used a means of notification. IF a problem evidenced itself, delaying the closure of the timeframe is one way of addressing the problem and arguably a suitable way of doing it. It's probably the lesser of several evils. What would YOU have done if the decision was yours to make?. There's plenty of real issues to address in the flying game. Save your powder. Nev

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

Think back to the days of the old constitution , when the new one was proposed I pointed out to RAAus that the dissemination of information by post would take longer than the new constitution allowed. This was completely ignored and has now happened. I was hoping that the constitution would be amended as necessary, but that is not happening. It really looks as if RAAus is even worse than CASA, who are always trying to update their regs. So maybe I shouldn't complain about CASA.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

better read constitution 34.4 again AEC rules cannot have any in put to this election oh must be that other mob mentioned in the constitution please our selves what regulations the raaus ltd follow neil

You could always make a suggestion as to the electoral method you might like. Personally I favour the multiple preferential which provides for the two or three directors not hated by the majority. I suspect that the method to be used to count the votes in this election is first past the post which only delivers directors supported by power blocks and may deliver directors not favoured by the majority. Send your suggestions to the Michaels and Don. AEC has a model for this. The problem with incorporation under any Act involves a default position of putting bad law into company (or association) rules.

:faint:as we have all come to expect, nothing has changed, people with a little power are just doing what ever they want to do whilst thinking to themselves they are right and what they want is what everyone wants how gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif they are...personally I lost all faith in RAAus years ago, those that are so filled with their own importance killed off the old recreational aviation industry passion leaving us with what we have today. I can now understand why the members (oops, we are not members any more are we) just don't give a hoot about voting or anything else about RAAus anymore because the legacy that these people leave behind is that they destroyed our passion...hope that makes them feel worthy to themselves because the evidence shows they are not worthy to anyone else...another oops, they can't think that because thinking like, caring for others, is not in their makeup.

Long live Recreational Flying (.com)...let's stick together and help each other and keep the passion going here.

On a side note, for those that remember how they tried to get rid of me well call me a conspiracist but I didn't get my membership renewal. By the time I realised I had to pay an extra $20 to remain a member. Funny thing is that I send multiple items through Australia post almost every single day and over 10 years only twice has an item not been received (one of those Australia post investigated and found the posty was stealing). So for thousands and thousands of items sent only 1 item was really not received. Makes you wonder about the "it's in the mail" excuse they are using...how childish

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 2