Light aircraft accident near Melbourne

biggles

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An ambo driver once told me that he has come across car accident victims that have made no contact with the interior of the car during a crash but died because the impact has snapped their neck or their heart has been ripped from its mountings.

There have been double fatals in Intact- looking aircraft. Take a look at the angle of the starboard wing; a lot of twist seems to have been applied to it somehow. At this stage we don't have too many clues as to its final movements other than the engine may have been stopped.

Hi The engine was stopped as the top blade has no damage done to it.

Cheers Rory

• Agree 1

I was at Tooradin that morning and a Bristell was doing circuits, (as they often do) that may well have been the unfortunate one! Clyde is a huge housing development just down the road, surrounded by open fields, it's all flat, open and soft ground.

considering how intact the cockpit is, I wonder how they didn't walk away....

It may be instructive to look at this report ( published BY, but most certainly not Produced BY, Jabiru):

http://www.jabiru.net.au/images/The%20Aviation%20Consumer%20-%20LSA%20Accidents.pdf

I believe that the Bristell is a design by the same designer responsible for the Czech Aero Works Sport Cruiser, though that does not mean it hasn't been significantly changed. The CAW line had, according to that report, a very unfavourable record for safety compared to many others in the class.

ABC news glider crashed two on board for Christ sake don't tell ABC news there wrong AGAIN neil

The ABC seemed to have reported the facts (Post #2). Where did they report a glider?

Did you send the ABC some feedback?

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • More 1

Clyde is a huge housing development just down the road, surrounded by open fields, it's all flat, open and soft ground.

right in the middle of the aerobatic area, over the years a number of aircraft have spun in nearby

Where did they report a glider?

you need to read the fine print .... photo caption

I found it. Thanks for that, DJ. Easy to miss that. It is an inexcusable mistake, considering the propeller prominently shown in the picture, but perhaps Storchy was being a bit harsh with

"for Christ sake don't tell ABC news there wrong AGAIN."

It's a tiny little boo boo by the caption writer in the middle of what appears to be a factual, professional report, especially compared with the sensationalising we get from so much of the media.

• Agree 2

I was at Tooradin that morning and a Bristell was doing circuits, (as they often do) that may well have been the unfortunate one! Clyde is a huge housing development just down the road, surrounded by open fields, it's all flat, open and soft ground.

Covered by fences from the old cell grazing. It's not as friendly as it looks. ;)

Small plane crash lands in Clyde NorthAndrea Hamblin, Herald Sun

21 minutes ago

A PERSON is fighting for life and a man is trapped after a small plane crash-landed in a paddock southeast of Melbourne.

Paramedics were called to Clyde North about 10.40am.

They say one person appears to be in a critical condition.

Any cause reported?

• Like 1

I have a property not far from there and regularly see these aircraft gliding in very low, which has concerned me for some time, thinking it's just a matter of time

I have a property not far from there and regularly see these aircraft gliding in very low, which has concerned me for some time, thinking it's just a matter of time

As part of pilot training and flight reviews you practise engine failures and emergency landings.

Generally the instructor "pulls"the engine to idle and the student finds, and then manoeuvres the aircraft into a pretend landing at a suitable place.

Before actual landing the instructor or student applies power and they fly away.

Generally these areas are familiar to the instructor.

This maybe what you are seeing......

They're supposed to be 500 ft AGL, my guess is that they have no idea of the elevation at that road junction.

• More 1

Another truck driver and shortly afterwards a nurse. The boys from jayrow were responding to the mayday and landed about a minute after I started first aid on the one I removed. They took over from me as I was working with a predamaged shoulder.Spotted at least 6 aircraft within 5 minutes and had a full crew within 7. Air ambo was almost first on scene. Air services need a pat on the back.

Got damn busy, damn fast.

Truck driver did a runner as soon as the first cop car turned up. ;)

Thanks for your efforts to help them in a sticky situation. Well done ! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Wish them all the best.

• Agree 2