Peter Sripol ultralight build

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed all of that FT except the full power runs inside in a shed that dirty, that made me a tad nervous. Not that there is anything wrong with a messy workplace, all of mine are at least that bad, but just the fact that there are so many things that could've picked up or gone wrong but anyway still entertaining and good on him for doing what he is doing. Certainly outside of my patience capabilities.

• Like 1

I reckon he's a bit short on motor and propeller size, and he could have trouble getting anything like a reasonable rate of climb. There's always the chance of strong headwinds to help him, I guess. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I reckon he's a bit short on motor and propeller size, and he could have trouble getting anything like a reasonable rate of climb. There's always the chance of strong headwinds to help him, I guess. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I doubt he will do any flying out of ground effect. I kind of hope not anyway.

Well, kudos to Peter for actually getting his rig off the ground and back down again, without crashing and injuring himself - but as I commented earlier, his ROC sure ain't anything to write home to his Mum about.

In fact, "barely measureable ROC" is what comes to mind, watching that video. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Just missed the live stream of the test flights (at night), suggested that the props didn't sound like they were absorbing all the power available, little bit more pitch maybe.

Also suggested he needs to let the nose down a tiny bit after lift off and gain a bit more speed.

The aircraft looks to be flying just on the edge of the drag bucket.

We shall see.

It's odd, modellers pick up full size flying pretty quick.

Full size pilots don't get RC flying nearly as quick.

Nah, nasty crosswind. look how he fights direction as the tail lifts and the nose swings right. Not sure about the changes to power settings during take off. Looks to me like he wants to stay near to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...