Hanson flys into birdsville races - Is she a Good for RAA and Jab Marketing our Sport

SSCBD

Should RAA use the media coverage of Pauline Hanson flying in a RAA aircraft around Australia as a positive or negative? (And sleeping under the wing)!

Personally and in my opinion I think its great, she uses the Aussie Jab, which costs bugger all for us taxpayers compared to others, for here political movements around the country.

News Article

Beers and cheers as Hanson drops in for Birdsville’s big day

Pauline Hanson has made a return to the Birdsville races where two years ago she began her campaign for a seat in the Senate.

Senator Hanson last night flew into the western Queensland town flooded with thousands of visitors, many of them grey-nomads in caravans, for the annual races.

Birdsville was the dusty debut destination in 2015 for the then Senate hopeful and her political adviser and pilot, James Ashby, when they took their campaign to the air in the One Nation-branded light aircraft.

They criss-crossed Queensland for almost a year in the aircraft — still the subject of an electoral commission probe — ahead of last year’s federal poll in which she and three other One Nation candidates secured Senate seats.

a769aefb47e3c02cb59650336aab2c2e.jpg.a67105563df09312dabbca15ac1066ca.jpg After visiting Charleville and Windorah, en route from the Sunshine Coast, Senator Hanson went straight to the local pub for a rum and coke with locals.

She set up her swag under the wing of the aircraft along with hundreds of others camping on the local airfield.

A One Nation spokesman said Senator Hanson would stay at the races until mid-tomorrow and then make her way to Canberra for next week’s parliamentary sittings. “This is about keeping her promise that she would not retreat into multi-storey buildings,’’ the spokesman said.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The aircraft doesn't get to choose who flies it.

Hanson's (????) Jab. has done faithful service transporting her hither and thither. Good advertisement for Australian-buit, LSA aircraft.

I doubt anybody cancels a flight in a 747 (or buys one) because Trump is carried about in one.

• Agree 1

Really? What aeroplane is immune from the possibility of crashing? I'll have what she's having if that's the case. What's the RAAus done wrong? They (Jabiru) sold a plane to someone. It's registered with the RAAus. As long as it's not a same sex marriage it's OK. Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 6

Ashby is working as a commercial pilot,Ashby drinking less than 8 hours before flying,

RAA allowing a plane to be used for commercial purposes

I wouldn't want to be explaining away a mess like that

So FT, do you really know whether Ashby was working as a commercial pilot?

The question is, did they have one tent, or two? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif022_wink.gif.9d61fed85ccaec4ccc17040770c5c601.gif

It also looked like bright daylight when they were drinking those Bundy's, so they ought to be OK for a midday departure the following day.

I was always told, minimum 12 hrs between bottle and the throttle. My instructor never mentioned cans.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Caution 1

She could have at least worn a Burqa when she was downing the Bundy. You gotta admit, she looks better, wearing it. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I just hope she hasn't got fake explosives in the Jab and is going to drop them on Parliament House, just to show how weak airside security is in this country! 042_hide.gif.f5e8fb1d85d95ffa63d9b5a325bf422e.gif

• Agree 2
  • More 1

I don't understand how anyone can see her flying around is an RAA registered Jabiru as a negative, she is involved and understands the RAA, she is actively flying around promoting RAA by just flying ! , agree or disagree with her politics who cares ! I sure a lot of people now wish they had a plane like hers !

• Agree 3

She's really the ugliest side of politics, which is an ugly business. What manufacturer would want Pauline endorsing their product?

I thought this forum was about all things recreational flying and not some platform to push ones jaundice political views.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 2

I thought this forum was about all things recreational flying and not some platform to push ones jaundice political views.

Agree Stillhere.

So much for the "OFF TOPIC" forum !

Can't help themselves 072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif..........035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

• Agree 1

Bill McNee can ring Pauline up any time of the day and ask a favour and Pauline can't say no because she knows she broke the law when she accepted the money for that plane.

when you think about it, $150,000 for controlling the votes of 4 senators has to be the bargain of the century.

• Agree 2