Hanson flys into birdsville races - Is she a Good for RAA and Jab Marketing our Sport

SSCBD

Camel, she and Ashby are as crooked as the day is long.

What's that got to do with flying, RAA and Jabiru ! Name someone who you would prefer to fly a RAA registered Jabiru around to gatherings !

I know a lot of a lots of crooks in politics !

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the general public didn't know Hanson and Ashby had a Jabiru until it was on 4 corners. Its not like Hanson is flying food into farmers standed by a flood. If you can't see the difference between these two sorts of events then maybe you should consider why that is.

• Agree 1

Because the general public didn't know Hanson and Ashby had a Jabiru until it was on 4 corners. Its not like Hanson is flying food into farmers standed by a flood. If you can't see the difference between these two sorts of events then maybe you should consider why that is.

I knew she had the plane long ago and saw the one nation sign on it ! No matter what ! she is promoting travel by a sport aviation aircraft and it should be commended ! You just don't like her and that's not a reason to be bring her into disrepute flying an Australian made sport aircraft ! If you have other reasons tell someone who cares !

• Like 1

However the Post Question,

Is it good or not that we have an Australian Senator FLYING AROUND AUSTRALIA IN A Jab that's an RAA AIRCRAFT.

She could have been in a second hand C172 for over half the price - So is it and advantage to RAA to have a member of parliament using the RAA aircraft.

AND should RAA and OR Jab view use this as promoting RAA, as a Senator of Australia flying around in a RAA aircraft.

About the same as when we had a politician flying around in a Brumby with RAA reg. The media didn't care because he was low profile and didn't sell papers.

Its not like Hanson is flying food into farmers standed by a flood. If you can't see the difference between these two sorts of events then maybe you should consider why that is.

Might want to check some facts there.

• Like 1

Biggest problem it seems is complete nitpickers who wish to over-analyse every last person's move rather than focus on the big picture. That kind of crap seems to be what got us to the ridiculous place we are lately - P.C. gone not just mad, but completely and utterly stupid!!!

I'm not flying the flag 100% for Pauline, but by god, lately she's the closest thing to honest in a long while, particular compared to the other 'professional' pollies out there. She wouldn't be gaining such ground if she wasn't one of the only ones mimicking the views of a lot of average citizens. Oh, and if she chooses to fly around in a Jab at a fraction of the cost of 90% of the others, do we actually care??? It's not like she flying down to go whale watching...

• Agree 5
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2

She's really the ugliest side of politics, which is an ugly business. What manufacturer would want Pauline endorsing their product?

A Question for you F_T..

So which Politian would you give the task to run the country?

You seem to say they are all useless, out of that pile, that is all you have to pick from you have to select which one will do the best job.

Demonstrate you selection.

KP

Oh, FFS

The politics has completely overwhelmed what was a good and reasonable question.

Since we have deviated into the politics, I will declare my position: I think Hanson was of far more value to Australia as a supplier of fish and chips than she contributes as a politician.

HOWEVER: that was NOT the point of the question and it is COMPLETELY irrelevant to discussion OF the question.

What IS relevant, is that we, as Recreational Aviators, are having the capabilities of our class of aircraft exposed to the MSM as a viable, reliable, means of getting around the country.

Hanson isn't flying around in an RAA-registered aircraft because she is on a crusade to promote Recreational Aviation. She is going about her 'business' in a Recreational-registered aircraft because it works for her. And THAT, I suggest most strongly, is the message that we should be promoting: that RAA-class aircraft are a very reasonable means of getting around the country.

Hanson travels on a mission: her political exposure. An RAA-registered aircraft fulfills that mission. QED, RAA-registered aircraft are competent means of transport. That has HUGE implications for our survival. If we want to see Regional Councils looking favourably on local airstrips as a source of tourist income, we NEED an awareness that RAA-registered aircraft occupants are potential visitors..with money in their pockets..

Hanson is doing we Recreational aviators a favour. Forget her political position - we are getting GOOD publicity.

And - as much as those who carry a bias against Jabirus might regret - the 230 appears to be chugging along with no dramas.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 4

I can't imagine a young girl wanting to learn to fly because Aunty Pauline is flying to the races to get on the booze.[ATTACH=full]51803[/ATTACH]

But it does show that with a bit of guts and determination you can go from a fish and chip shop owner to a parliamentarian flying around Australia in a RAA aircraft. And as for the booze, there's nothing better than a beer with your friends after a great day flying.

PS I'm not one of her voters.

• Haha 1

So I am guessing there are a few rec flyers grounded due to dodgy weather today?

Reading through this thread has been in the most part a big disappointment. Originally I was disappointed when Ian sent off topic discussions elsewhere but reading through this thread I am now more appreciative that most of this crap has gone elsewhere.

Please people stick to talking about flying so we can all be friends.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Everyone has their own political views, and I respect that, but I do not visit a flying site to be subjected to political views of ANYONE. I thought that was established with the other site (which I don't visit) but it comes back here usually by a small select few - is nobody listening to them on the alternative site? Moderators need to crack down on this CRAP.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

I had one of hanson supporters knock on my door. so i thought this is my chance to ask some hard questions and i would ask the same of any pollie. left or right question where looking after the old homeless power bills and house prices all the day to day things. and all he could say was shorten this shorten that. they are all the same

I rest my case

• Winner 1

I had one of hanson supporters knock on my door. so i thought this is my chance to ask some hard questions and i would ask the same of any pollie. left or right question where looking after the old homeless power bills and house prices all the day to day things. and all he could say was shorten this shorten that. they are all the sameI rest my case

More political comment - doesn't anyone respect the rules of this site ?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I knew a female pollie who got in under Howard (sounds interesting) with passion and goals for change. Was told to shut up and tow the party line. Right or wrong at least the Red Head chases what she believes in, As far as sitting in the RHS what better way to get a overall geo/3D perspective of where your constituants abide. I don't think very many of the public would even know the the plane she flies in is RAA, GA or whatever.

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

Just referring to Kaz's comment (#4) . Being airside consuming alcohol and with the aircraft that you operate having doors open( even if you aren't flying) could attract unwelcome attention under the drug and alcohol provisions of the ACT. Kaz is a lawyer and is aware of these things. Remember ignorance of a law is no excuse. Nev

• Agree 4

The Birdsville Race organisers, CASA and the Diamantina Shire Council have vast amounts of information about the Birdsville Races weekend - but I cannot find a single thing referring to "wet areas" for drinking alcohol.

QLD appears to have almost exactly the same laws as the rest of the Australian States - i.e. - no public drinking, unless the area is a licenced premises or has been declared a wet area.

I guess the aircraft parking area is adjacent to, or fairly close to the airstrip - and most recreational fliers are obviously camping under their aircraft wing - so where's the map showing the wet areas boundaries?

Ballina Aero Club are the responsible organisers for the Birdsville Aerodrome, over Race Weekend - but their website provides only the most basic information.

CASA are pretty big on stating that drug and alcohol laws will be enforced at Birdsville - but they don't provide any guidance as to wet areas in the airstrip zone, nor do they provide any links to such guidance.

CASA - Birdsville advice - Birdsville | CASA Out-n-Back

QLD liquor laws (relevant section is 173B) - https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/L/LiquorA92.pdf

Birdsville Races - where to stay - Where To Stay

Ballina Aero Club - Birdsville 2017 - Ballina Aero Club Inc

A Question for you F_T..So which Politician would you give the task to run the country?

You seem to say they are all useless, out of that pile, that is all you have to pick from you have to select which one will do the best job.

Demonstrate you selection.

KP

Let me explain the problem as I see it, the liberal party markets itself as the champion of free enterprise and small government. At the last election they lost 17 seats, this is a list of the former MPs now employed by the government.

Nikolic

Whiteley

McNamara

Hendy

Williams

Hutchinson

Matheson

Briggs

Stone

Griggs

The Australian electorate is lazy, we are getting the government we deserve.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

F_T you must be a politian you have not answered the question.

You gave a diatribe that is not an answer, has to be a name. e.g. Malcolm Turnbull or Sarah Hanson-Young.

The burden of the question is:- "Who" get that answered and you will be on the road to being a bit honourable.

KP

F_T you must be a politian you have not answered the question.You gave a diatribe that is not an answer, has to be a name. e.g. Malcolm Turnbull or Sarah Hanson-Young.

The burden of the question is:- "Who" get that answered and you will be on the road to being a bit honourable.

KP

Boy, I had a bit of a chuckle there Keith. Have you ever been guilty of not giving a straight answer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As much as I dislike this off topic political stuff your post had me rolling around laughing @Happyflyer i had trouble choosing between the funny and winner likes:thumb up:

Keith's post was spot on in regards to FT but a tad more than slightly hypocritical if his entire history of posts is taken into account:roflmao:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Just referring to Kaz's comment (#4) . consuming alcohol

Go back and read Kaz's post again.

Note that you just made an accusation of someone breaking the law. If you do not have evidence to support your claim, then it is you who is breaking the law.

- no public drinking, unless the area is a licenced premises or has been declared a wet area.I guess the aircraft parking area is adjacent to, or fairly close to the airstrip - and most recreational fliers are obviously camping under their aircraft wing - so where's the map showing the wet areas boundaries?

Why all this talk, all I see is 2 people taking pictures, there is no evidence of them consuming alcohol whatsoever.

Keith's post was spot on in regards to FT but a tad more than slightly hypocritical if his entire history of posts is taken into account

I can't believe any of you still have FT not on ignore, makes a world of difference to reading the forum.

• Agree 1