Moving to NZ

Hi all

I'm moving to NZ (Queenstown), in early October due to a new job opportunity. I'm currently 35hrs into my PPL - and a few flights into my Nav Phase. Does anyone know of a good place to pick up training in the Wanaka/ZQN/Southland region?

Thanks in advance!!

There is a lot of aviation activity in the Queenstown/Wanaka area. I'd try the local Aero Clubs & have a chat to members as you are likely to get opinions of the quality of various Training organisations. Most of the clubs run their own training schools in NZ, or at least they did when I lived there. I think you will find everything a bit more relaxed there. You will need to get a mountain rating to get your PPL in that area.

• Like 1

Hope it's better ( much better) than the capitol, Wellington, as I waited two years to sail the Cook-straight, tuesdays & wednesdays weren't too bad but every weekend it was atrocious weather.

I did it on the third year!.

spacesailor

Hi allI'm moving to NZ (Queenstown), in early October due to a new job opportunity. I'm currently 35hrs into my PPL - and a few flights into my Nav Phase. Does anyone know of a good place to pick up training in the Wanaka/ZQN/Southland region?

Thanks in advance!!

Half your luck, FL. A beautiful country to fly in, but conditions can change with little warning. Pilots tend to check the weather channel every half hour.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know much, but I hear it's a great place to hone your skills with lots of mountains and some funky winds! Absolutely nowhere near you'll be, not even the same Island, but I've bookmarked this little club up in Thames outside Aukland for a future trip - dream is to go out there and do some aerobatics practice one day, so just forwarding the dream (website's what one might expect from a remote kiwi club):

www.haurakiaeroclub.co.nz