Looking For some Destination Ideas

Karen Bable

yeah, my dad used to take a Bex when he needed a 'lift' - as the old saying goes "he needs to take a powder and lie down" - don't really have much of an idea what was in them...

what I live as? not sure about the question...I live at Woolooman, just south of YAMB, up high on a hill, in an old Queenslander (house on 34 acres) I am restoring, along with two Renaults (10 and 16)

I have been retired for a few years now and wifey of 47 years this year is retiring in December '18

and if this damn horrible heat continues, we might just run away to Tasmania for our later years

BP

yeah, my dad used to take a Bex when he needed a 'lift' - as the old saying goes "he needs to take a powder and lie down" - don't really have much of an idea what was in them...what I live as? not sure about the question...I live at Woolooman, just south of YAMB, up high on a hill, in an old Queenslander (house on 34 acres) I am restoring, along with two Renaults (10 and 16)

I have been retired for a few years now and wifey of 47 years this year is retiring in December '18

and if this damn horrible heat continues, we might just run away to Tasmania for our later years

BP

You don't have to move off the mainland BP. Anywhere down here is OK this time of the year, but you may need to migrate North in Winter.... Bob

• 1 month later...
About 1970 I was driving late at night and saw a beam of light going up and illuminating the clouds. It was flashing on and off like morse code. I thought about all the things it could be and decided it was aliens communicating with the mother ship.Then I got to the source - a bloke with a stick welder inside a scraper bowl, hard facing the cutting edge.

In the mid 60's an uncle and a cattle buyer were travelling round Western QLD buying cattle . One night in the distance they saw a light, which was pretty unusual in those days, but more unusual was, that it would come on for a while , go out , continually repeating with no set pattern. Thinking they were going to get up close and personal with a min min light , they drove up to a drovers camp where the Chinese Cook had been trying to check out a carbuncle on his <mod censored> with a shaving mirror and carbite light.

My mother in law saw ball lightning come in through a window and roam around the house. I have no doubt this happened.

Shortly after I left high school, I was driving home in my FX ute during a storm. I saw a bright flash, then there was this huge ball of light barreling straight up the road at me. Before I could react and hit the brakes or swerve, it reached the front of the ute ... And disappeared. Scared the crap out of me. I had never seen ball lightning before that, nor even heard of it, and never seen it since.