Nice Emeraude video

I came across this nicely edited video. Makes you feel all nostalgic.

I flew with the late Alan Mayfield in his Emeraude from Gatton College airstrip a lot of years ago. Another aviator who died doing what he loved. Also flew in a CAP 10 which looks pretty much identical apart from a bigger fin and rudder, must have stronger spars etc I guess, with Hoof Proudfoot who died at Duxford in the crash of a P39. Never forget that our hobby can be dangerous!

Always has a bit of a soft spot for the Emeraude and the Super Emeraude , probably its to do with the Spitfire like elliptical wing shape . This one in the video is still currently registered , and according to records is a 1958 build . Long may she grace the skies ..

Dave C

Always has a bit of a soft spot for the Emeraude and the Super Emeraude , probably its to do with the Spitfire like elliptical wing shape . This one in the video is still currently registered , and according to records is a 1958 build . Long may she grace the skies ..Dave C

Yep...the elliptical wings are cool and I like the look of the plane overall. From what i've been reading, they're a nice plane to fly too. The only vice it seems, if you can call it that, is that the stall can be a bit abrupt apparently but stall speed is pretty low at under 40kts.