Patriot shoots Cessna

Then the guzzi had the wrong pipes on it. Have owned guzzi lemans with open staintunes and 40 delortos- brilliant.

But with open reverse cones from Gianelli was like Thor had come to visit. Sorry the Ducati did not wake the dead- only stirred them.

Oh yes car alarms of the 80-90's were great fun. And new ones will still go off when visited by Thor.

• Like 1

Only in America. But, don't forget, he's completely blameless, he was just exercising his 2nd Amendment right - to shoot and kill people he perceives as a threat to his life and liberty. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gifHow can the authorities remove all his weapons?? That must be a sign of a Tyrannical Govt, who are infringing on his God-given, inviolable, 2nd Amendment right! 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

I've even seen a gun-fondler clown on a forum, claim that the 2nd Amendment was God-given, as if it came down from Mt Sinai on stone tablets!

He got his ass charged with a crime ... where is the story ?

He got his ass charged with a crime ... where is the story ?

Yeah, you're right - nothing to see here, move along folks - just another guy exercising his fundamental, 2nd Amendment right - to be judge, jury and executioner, all rolled into one.

I guess that Paddock guy would have been in for a right judicial ass-kicking, too, if he'd lived? Yeah, that must be really reassuring to a lot of people attending open-air concerts within range of multiple AR-15's.

The story is simply this. Mass murders by angry Americans, equipped with military-assault firearms, are increasing steadily in America, year on year.

Regular mass murders of workplace employees, by angry, recently-fired ex-employees, is a peculiar American event.

Consider that against Australia, with tight firearm laws that ban military rapid-fire weapons, plus a ban on handguns - and which laws ensure that you produce a specific, stated need, for a firearm, if you seek to own one.

We also have a substantial firearm serial number database, which provides support for police inquiries, and firearms offences. Unlike America, which is literally awash with hundreds of millions of unrecorded firearms.

Despite the regular advice handed out by the gun-lovers of America, backed by the NRA - that Australians are totally unarmed helpless sheep, cowering in their houses every night, permanently fearful of being gunned down by criminals with firearms - this is not what life is Australia really is like. Criminals with firearms are fairly rare here, because of our tight policing of firearm possession - illegal, as well as legal.

Consider the point that Australia has never had a mass-murder-by-automatic-firearm event in 20 years - since tighter firearms laws were instituted after the Port Arthur massacre.

I don't have a problem with people owning firearms, if they have a need for them, and they have been thoroughly scrutinised for mental illness events, or for a record of violent behaviour.

I've personally owned numerous firearms as a former agricultural landowner, and I have a more than passing personal familiarity with heavy military weapons, being a Vietnam Veteran.

What gun-loving Americans are happy to live with - constant and increasing un-necessary firearm deaths - and regular mass murders by angry firearm owners who are full of unchecked visceral hatred, often accompanied by mental illness - is not something the rest of the civilised world is generally prepared to accept.

There are controls on practically everything one wishes to do in civilised societies - particularly where what you wish to do, may seriously impact on others comfort, security, and their simple enjoyment of life.

Why American gun lovers still have to constantly insist that every single American is entitled to as many firearms as they desire - even military-grade, rapid-fire firearms - with virtually no controls, is something intelligent people outside America cannot understand.

Personally, I believe that America needs to change some wording on its currency. Replace "God" with "Gun" and you will have a more accurate indicator of the real God that Americans worship.

“The gun is our Moloch”

• Agree 1

Yeah, you're right - nothing to see here, move along folks - just another guy exercising his fundamental, 2nd Amendment right - to be judge, jury and executioner, all rolled into one.I guess that Paddock guy would have been in for a right judicial ass-kicking, too, if he'd lived? Yeah, that must be really reassuring to a lot of people attending open-air concerts within range of multiple AR-15's.

The story is simply this. Mass murders by angry Americans, equipped with military-assault firearms, are increasing steadily in America, year on year.

Among 330 million people , statistically speaking there will always be an individual or two with some combination of genes that ultimately results in a tragedy like the one we just witnessed ( by it by guns, driving a truck into a crowd or a pilot flying a plane into a mountain ) Still , given that we are dealing here with 330 000 000 people and these tragedies being so rare , your chances of being hit by event like this are many orders of magnitude less than being killed in a car accident. There are about 3000 people accidentally drowning every year ( mostly kids ). About 40 000 people die each year in various car accidents. There are 90 000 000 gun owners in US and once in a while one of them goes berserk and kills a dozen or so people - a tragedy to be sure but basically statistically irrelevant.

Still , given that we are dealing here with 330 000 000 people and these tragedies being so rare

????So that makes it alright?? One is one too many.

• Agree 1

...until one of them is your family.

Of course, at that point I would most likely be screaming for a complete ban but then again, as a society we should not be making laws affecting millions of people based on irrational and emotional responses of few affected individuals.

????So that makes it alright?? One is one too many.

You are not being rational - by that definition just about every activity should be banned because , if given freedom to do so , there will always be people who will abuse it one way or another.

• Like 1

...as a society we should not be making laws affecting millions of people based on irrational and emotional responses of few affected individuals...

...which is exactly what happened after the September 11 attacks; only about 3,000 people died (statistically insignificant) but governments responded by changing our whole way of life. Fences, locked gates, being frisked at airports, the damned ASIC cards...

• Agree 2

Anyone who could love the awful H&D noise made by two pistons fighting each other with no muffler to shut them up would have to be basic in engineering experience i,d recon. They should be banned till they are quitened down around 75% as a first step towards suburban normalcy.

Party pooper.

I love aircraft noise, but the majority of suburbanites don't.

I love the thunder of an open throttle, but the majority of suburbanites dont.

I especially love the sound of seven pistons radially fighting without the aid of a muffler, too. Even Better, two rows of them.

I guess that makes me 'basic' by your definition.

Well I do, if it isn't as persistent as a leaf blower or jetski.

Not a bit Pete that engineering is harmonised and music even when its roaring, and is no way comparable to the awful unharminized H&D banging which is i,m told legal, i,d like to put a digital recording audiometer along side one on full throttle on the move and if thats not over the hearing damage threshold to bystanders i,d be very surprised. I have some friends who ride them and i am in no way anti bike, aprillias, katanas and such, just anti unnecessary invasive noise.

I am biased against the clearly biased treatment given to loud Harleys. It always seems to be Harleys that are so loud. Recently I took my Yamaha Virago (stop sniggering) down to the bike shop to get a roadworthy. The guy knocked it back "Sorry pal, that's 6dB over the limit, can't give it a roadworthy." I was fuming. He them rubbed salt into the wound when I spluttered "Hey, it's not nearly as loud as those Harleys", His response was "I like your bike's note, But the Harleys are a different case" Seems to me nobody is game to upset the HD riders. They do seem to be fragile whenever anyone criticizes HD's

OK I know my rant is not about Patriots, nor about flying.

Sorry for the thread drift.

• Agree 1

I am biased against the clearly biased treatment given to loud Harleys. It always seems to be Harleys that are so loud. Recently I took my Yamaha Virago (stop sniggering) down to the bike shop to get a roadworthy. The guy knocked it back "Sorry pal, that's 6dB over the limit, can't give it a roadworthy." I was fuming. He them rubbed salt into the wound when I spluttered "Hey, it's not nearly as loud as those Harleys", His response was "I like your bike's note, But the Harleys are a different case" Seems to me nobody is game to upset the HD riders. They do seem to be fragile whenever anyone criticizes HD'sOK I know my rant is not about Patriots, nor about flying.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Pete,

I feel you pain, my quiet response to Harley's, on hearing one scream up the road is simply to think to myself , "Oh its only a Harley, don't bother looking!" Recently I had the chance to go for a ride on an Indian Chief, nothing like a Harley, much more refined in every area of the bike, now that is a V twin I could ride and be proud of owning, loved it, Hmmmmm, perhaps an Indian powered trike might be better, cheers

Of course, at that point I would most likely be screaming for a complete ban but then again, as a society we should not be making laws affecting millions of people based on irrational and emotional responses of few affected individuals.

You are not being rational - by that definition just about every activity should be banned because , if given freedom to do so , there will always be people who will abuse it one way or another.

Nukes have only been used twice and only a tiny percent of population were effected. So by that argument everyone should be allowed them, to play with.

Some things are fundamentally dangerous and should be restricted by law. Guns are one of these- there purpose is killing period. Target shooting is a straw man argument- it is practice at killing.

• Agree 2