Twin sticks and manual flap on a Savannah?

Savvy

Hello everyone

Just putting the finishing touches on a Savannah that was completed except for engine, instruments and wiring by another unfotrunate man who developed a health issue and couldn't complete it.

Ready to go in a week if it doesn't snow.

Located in Canada in the province of Nova Scotia over on the Atlantic.

I bought a twin stick option which arrived yesterday.

Now I'm worried.

Will it fit with the manual flap stick where it is? I just won't go with electric flaps on this plane, so hope so.

If anyone knows, let me know.

Use my private email if you prefer it over this forum.

Here it is: [email protected]

Name: Bob Melville

Hello everyoneJust putting the finishing touches on a Savannah that was completed except for engine, instruments and wiring by another unfotrunate man who developed a health issue and couldn't complete it.

Ready to go in a week if it doesn't snow.

Located in Canada in the province of Nova Scotia over on the Atlantic.

I bought a twin stick option which arrived yesterday.

Now I'm worried.

Will it fit with the manual flap stick where it is? I just won't go with electric flaps on this plane, so hope so.

If anyone knows, let me know.

Use my private email if you prefer it over this forum.

Here it is: [email protected]

Name: Bob Melville

Welcome,

Hopefully Mark (Kyle Communications) finds this post, I'm sure he will have the answer for you.

I don't see how you can keep the manual flap lever where it is if you have a stick between your legs (ahem...)

Doesn't the twin stick kit include instructions as to what to do about it? I too wouldn't have anything other than manual flaps on my Sav. I can't see the reason for carrying any more excess weight than is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see how you can keep the manual flap lever where it is if you have a stick between your legs (ahem...)Doesn't the twin stick kit include instructions as to what to do about it? I too wouldn't have anything other than manual flaps on my Sav. I can't see the reason for carrying any more excess weight than is necessary.

Thanks. So, I now have a twin stick option for sale.

From France. We visit quite often. Always stay at the same place. The village of Monflanquin, near Villeneuve sur Lot. Between Bordeaux and Toulouse. Near you?

Thanks. So, I now have a twin stick option for sale.From France. We visit quite often. Always stay at the same place. The village of Monflanquin, near Villeneuve sur Lot. Between Bordeaux and Toulouse. Near you?

About 1½ hours by road from me. Was at the Villeneuve Air show back in May which was my last 'event' of the year before my health problems hit. Have been grounded since but got the welcome news a couple days ago that they've now been sorted so will be back flying in the spring, with a flight into Villeneuve high on the list. Only 30 mins in the Savannah. That's French roads for you 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif

I agree with IBob - before you junk the idea make sure you talk to someone who's done it.

Check my thread out...feel free to contact me if you want. Best thing I ever did was to convert mine to twin sticks....it is just so much more comfortable. You just need to make some small changes but it works a treat

Dual sticks for Savannah's

The only real issue is you need to make new flap brackets which is quite easy I can send you a drawing the correct size of if you can wait until later next month I will have another batch of flap brackets that were not originally designed for twin sticks but will fit perfectly with the twin sticks. The flap handle just needs to be more forward which I changed the geometry when I first built the Sav. It worked out fine when I decided to fit the twin sticks

This is the first one I designed when I built my Sav about 6 years ago

My next iteration of the twin sticks I am fitting into Mabel thread is here My Savannah S model rebuild Blog

I will make a more rounded control stick rather than the angles welded one I am using now. Sort of like a Rans control stick. I just need to make or use a proper tube bender that actually does round tube. Not a pipe bender but a tube bender. I need to make one to redo the exhaust pipes on my modified exhaust system which will use a std Rotax muffler. The Std ICP one chokes the engine by about 10% of horse power.

Sorry...I just saw this thread nowDont sell your twin sticks you will regret it.....it will fit

using manual flaps

Thanks.

Mine came with no installation instructions.

You are the person everyone on this site recommends I talk to.

So.... Would it be possible to send photos using my email address rather than this site?

If so please contact me at. [email protected]

My name is Bob Melville. I live in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada.

My Savannah is complete, but never flown. Winter has set in here.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Bob

I think I have a pdf here I got from someone in Europe although it is not difficult to do. Most of the pics on on the thread here Dual sticks for Savannah's I will email you the info I have. Its not difficult at all to do. I did not want to use electric flaps either. The new angle on the flap stick makes it very easy to fit but you do need to throw away the std sticks and make a new set but it is easy to do. I did make my sticks removable but that is not necessary of course

Mark

• 3 years later...