Are bubble canopies hot?

Markproa

...........................................I am pretty sure the difference is obvious..............

Just making conversation - have never knowingly experienced sunburn when flying.- may be the old "spam cans" I used to fly and my current "bubble" all have UV perspex or could be that I fly in long sleeves/pants have my collar turned up and wear a hat.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

............................ Thick.. I'm only fh, facthunter. NO capitals. . Nev

sorry nev - my apologies for unwittingly showing more respect that you find comfortable (must be a mexican thing).

Regarding the vehicle induced burnt arm syndrom - I have never been an advocate of "eggnitioning" so up until recently (acquired modern vehicle) drove with windows open - my right arm would often have a deeper tan than my left. Its early days, but I am getting used to the windows being up in the new vehicle and speculate that my right leaning tan will change to that of the left.

I agree with your Wyoming observations but not your + 40 C Oz comment .....

Probably no disagreement, just a different situation. Yesterday in the mid-20s on the ground was the upper level of comfort for me in the PItts - wearing a light flying suit, big bubble over a tight cockpit with the two small air vents open wide; radiated heat from the six cylinder Lycoming through the firewall with nil insulation; passenger's feet just a few inches above the exhaust pipes.

I love people bagging Victoria's weather. Here we now have the biggest growth rate in Australia. Keep it UP. Don't come . We're full!!.

You should get your premier to build a wall, that should keep all us northern neo-nazi right wing northern nuts away from your glorious weather....074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

• Haha 2