Engine Failure Does Not Cause A Fatal Accident In An Ultralight Aircraft!

farri

Space, sorry about your son. Yep that's the problem with work for the dole .I didn't know it had actually happened nor that it was so brutally done.

There sure should be safeguards to stop them doing that. Ban anybody from swapping workers from wages to "work for the dole" including contract users like councils. Gosh I would be angry too.

I still say we could do better than leaving the unemployed to rot, but I agree we would have to be real careful to not replace real workers with dole types.

Once, in a previous life, I was the boss when the red scheme ( paid by the government to employ the unemployed) operated. When the scheme finished, we kept on a real good worker. But not the guy who fell off a low roof twice before smoko and was found later sitting in his car sipping grog through a straw from a bottle in a paper bag.

In the mid eighties I supervised some RED scheme people on an archaeological dig. They were really good because it was exciting and interesting work. People need to feel that what they are doing is interesting and valuable.

• Agree 1

Been a farmer all my life!

Most of us are around 50 to 60. No one wants to stay and work on the farm anymore. Can't blame them, too much bullsh!t ,paper work , and idiots telling you what you can and can't do.

It's a bloody nightmare keeping all the so called educated people happy with all their new ideas.

No one employs young people as they don't want the responsibility and risk of being sued if an accident happens.

You can't take the D!ckhead out of some people no mater how many rules you make. That means you have to pay huge Workcare , expensive public liability , follow every rule and have every employee fully trained in every aspect of their employment at your cost.

AND SOME PEOPLE CAN"T UNDERSTAND WHY YOUNG PEOPLE CAN'T FIND ANYONE TO EMPLOY THEM !

I think some of these " NO WIN NO PAY " Lawyers have a lot to answer !

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Farms at least give you variety. I had the top of one thumb almost severed, and the other thumb cut to the joint when I was up a windmill, lost control of a tractor when I was five, but rode it out, out on the main road in another tractor in road gear, when I was sixteen and a bump compressed the coil seat spring which then flung me into orbit. The lowest part of me was my hands which hung on until I managed to stand on the draw bar then get back up in the sea;dozing logs, reversing with my arm extended upwards to the blade control and watched a tree trunk come between my arm and ribs, fell off a ladder when a hanging tree branch let go while the chainsaw was at full noise, neighbour No 1 cut the legs off neighbour No 2 with a swing saw. Neighbour No 3 thought he would prime a hot tractor with an open top can of petrol, petrol caught fire and his reflex action pulled it over his head, burnt to a frizzle, died, neighbour No 4 finished building his haystack, slid down, forgot the star picket he’d hammered in; castrated.

Farms at least give you variety. I had the top of one thumb almost severed, and the other thumb cut to the joint when I was up a windmill, lost control of a tractor when I was five, but rode it out, out on the main road in another tractor in road gear, when I was sixteen and a bump compressed the coil seat spring which then flung me into orbit. The lowest part of me was my hands which hung on until I managed to stand on the draw bar then get back up in the sea;dozing logs, reversing with my arm extended upwards to the blade control and watched a tree trunk come between my arm and ribs, fell off a ladder when a hanging tree branch let go while the chainsaw was at full noise, neighbour No 1 cut the legs off neighbour No 2 with a swing saw. Neighbour No 3 thought he would prime a hot tractor with an open top can of petrol, petrol caught fire and his reflex action pulled it over his head, burnt to a frizzle, died, neighbour No 4 finished building his haystack, slid down, forgot the star picket he’d hammered in; castrated.

As I said " can't take the D!ckhead out of a D!ckhead !" Being a farmer has nothing to do with it.

Good to see you down graded and became a Lawyer Turbo !

• Like 1

Farming has more possibilities of accidental injury than just about anything else, and there is neither the time or money to do all the OHS stuff that other industries like mining do now.

Way better to do some other industry, like the stopping people from working ones. ( law and ohs). There is more money in stopping people working than there is in producing food, that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ouch! That's gotta hurt!

I agree with Butch in the sense that there is way too much paperwork for what it achieves (over here, anyway) - a bit like CASA and general aviation - way over the top. And I agree about ambulance chasign lawyers - they work on the fact it is cheaper for insurance companies to pay the claim than defend it.

But I do think an employer has to take reasonable care to mitigate against the risk and unfortunately, some farming pursuits are high risk. If a farmer has taken resonable precautions, there should be notning to worry about. Of course then, the bill will fall to the state workcover authority and they will charge a premium by business type/category - the higher the claims in the catgory of business - the higher the premium. I can't comment on specifics of how the premiums were formulated, but it bassically boils down to not pinging other business categories and also trying to provide some incentive for a type of industry to clean its act up a bit. I am not making a judgement on whether or not farming or any other high-claim industry category is generally negligent, but they do focus on trying to innovate with safety.

At the time I was at the workcover authority, butchers had the highest number and value of claims, not farmers.

You want paper-work.

Worked at a firm making Hospital products. Five copy's of all paper-work for every-thing produced, And hast to be kept for many many years.

Every-thing with dotted eyes & crossed tee's, or YOUR FIRED!.

In a refinery only two copy's required, one for self one for management.

spacesailor

Farms at least give you variety. I had the top of one thumb almost severed, and the other thumb cut to the joint when I was up a windmill, lost control of a tractor when I was five, but rode it out, out on the main road in another tractor in road gear, when I was sixteen and a bump compressed the coil seat spring which then flung me into orbit. The lowest part of me was my hands which hung on until I managed to stand on the draw bar then get back up in the sea;dozing logs, reversing with my arm extended upwards to the blade control and watched a tree trunk come between my arm and ribs, fell off a ladder when a hanging tree branch let go while the chainsaw was at full noise.

Geese Turbo! Good to know you were once a mere mortal like a lot of us old buggers here! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
You can fly Jabirus and other RAA planes into YSCN and YSBK. There are a number of RAA planes based at both. You can only fly these planes if you hold both an RPC and GA licence (with CTA endo) or operate under a training exemption.

Can you hold the RPC and GA licence at the same time? How do you get both?

Yep, many of us hold both - and the GA AFR will also cover your RAAus AFR.

Also, any GA endorsements can be added to your RPC (eg MPPC, RU, XC etc).

Just sold two stud rams to a new hobby farmer. The National Health Statement and travel documentation took 30 minutes.

Should have added yourself to the sale list.  You are a bit of an ol stud.  Ho Ho Ho Ha ha ha ... lover yer week HH.

You guys! You Aussies! What the hell happened to your country? I'll tell you what! The same bureaucratic crap that happened here but you guys seem to be worse off than us in the pathetically & sickly correct USA!

If you haven't heard, our time honored Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are no longer! In the stupified atmosphere of patheticness, they are joined. We call them now, Boy Skirts! Where are the parents who should be screaming from the rooftops about the obsurdity of the horse-sh--? Probably giving it their whole hearted approval! 

Now imagine your 13 to16 year old daughter on a camping trip with a 45 year old Skirtmaster who decides at midnight he must teach your lovely child the facts of life!

Our world is Totally Insane!

Rules! I read many of your posts. Sad but very similar to ours. Who copies from whom? They have to justify their budgets so...crank out more rules, dish out more fines and fees.

Not me! I don't pay "diddly squat," have never registered my ultralights, never will, and go out of my way to break as many of their ignorant rules if at all possible, in one day!

God help us from bureaucrats, pathetic correctness and Rules!

Wild Bill

You guys sound like you're drunk? Am I the only sober one here? It's usually the other way 'round.

I wish I had the ink to tell you some of the rules I've broken & gotten by from Federal and local law enforcement. They call me Slick Willy too. We had a saying in Vietnam: "What are they going to do? Draft me & send me to Vietnam?"

Exactly.

hey Bill - the T shirt I'm wearing has a big row of animals across the top - horses, dogs, cats, even some pigs and goats in there - the text across the top says "There's room for all God's Creatures"

down the bottom it says "Right next to the Mashed Potatoes"

and let me tell you, I really know when I bump into a vegan when I wear this one to town.......

PC?  Not as long as my arze points to the ground..........

BP

A vegan? Had a guy tell me one day how he never eats animal parts. Okay, that's great I said but why do you think you're not killing a plant before you eat it?

He said, a plant doesn't live like an animal. I said, oh yeah? Cut the stem of a plant you plan to eat but let it lay on the ground for a few hours. It shrivels up and DIES you dumb ass!

In our stupid ass USA years back, we had an oddball religious outfit that didn't eat anything. They figured they could get nourishment by breathing air....yes, AIR. They died out from starvation. True story. Dumb ass USA & that's when we had sense!

In our stupid ass USA years back, we had an oddball religious outfit that didn't eat anything. They figured they could get nourishment by breathing air....yes, AIR. They died out from starvation. True story. Dumb ass USA & that's when we had sense!

Natural selection at its finest.