Engine Failure Does Not Cause A Fatal Accident In An Ultralight Aircraft!

farri

Whether it has a developed nervous system that can feel pain is another matter.  Vegans are pretty harmless. Why do they upset you so much? Sometimes that will say more about you than the Vegans.  We react adversely  to things we think threaten us or our beliefs.  Does that show some extra sensitivity or insecurity?. If you are confident you are less likely to feel threatened.

ALL life is far more complex than we might at first think. The places where some things manage to survive is astounding.. Strong chemicals don't exist often in Nature. The industrial world does tend to concentrate and release many that otherwise would not be a problem in light concentrations. A lot of very toxic substances exist in nature and are essential in trace  concentrations..Nev

You guys sound like you're drunk? Am I the only sober one here? It's usually the other way 'round.I wish I had the ink to tell you some of the rules I've broken & gotten by from Federal and local law enforcement. They call me Slick Willy too. We had a saying in Vietnam: "What are they going to do? Draft me & send me to Vietnam?"

Exactly.

Don’t worry Callaghan, liquor has become so expensive here that it’s cheaper to go to Church for it.

You want paper-work.Worked at a firm making Hospital products. Five copy's of all paper-work for every-thing produced, And hast to be kept for many many years.

Every-thing with dotted eyes & crossed tee's, or YOUR FIRED!.

In a refinery only two copy's required, one for self one for management.

spacesailor

Some things take time to show up.  Is there a test for mad cow disease in blood? Some things take time to work through the system and you need info trails to chase down those affected. You can, with a lot of expense, recreate plans and drawings for a dam or refinery but not for the clients of bad medicine.

Some things take time to show up.  Is there a test for mad cow disease in blood? Some things take time to work through the system and you need info trails to chase down those affected. You can, with a lot of expense, recreate plans and drawings for a dam or refinery but not for the clients of bad medicine.

Good point, Col. Paperwork may soon be replaced with the use of blockchain technology and mobile devices. Nurses, teachers and others could carry a tiny device that instantly records what they did and to whom, and it would be stored instantly and securely. Lots of research is already going into this area. 

hey Bill, have you heard of Pastafarians?  We (I'm a member of that religious group) believe (it's in our Bible) that the increase in global warming has been caused by a reduction in the number of pirates (real pirates, not those modern wanna bees). 

In our Bible there is a graph - one line shows (over the past 200 years) the decrease in the number of pirates - the other line shows the increase in global warming over the same period - irrefutable proof!!!!!

BP

Good point, Col. Paperwork may soon be replaced with the use of blockchain technology and mobile devices. Nurses, teachers and others could carry a tiny device that instantly records what they did and to whom, and it would be stored instantly and securely. Lots of research is already going into this area. 

My daughter is a nurse at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, they record all patient records on to Tablets or Computers . They are available for the patients treatment wherever they are in the hospital.

No more paper charts! 

,Butch

Don't they back-up those "tablet's onto the "main computer".  ( double writing everything)

Our PC's, Laptops & Tablets All suffer the malady of stuff-up 's  constantly,  ( so many repair shops everywhere).

Even IPhone's are Not infallible.

spacesailor

hey Bill, have you heard of Pastafarians?  We (I'm a member of that religious group) believe (it's in our Bible) that the increase in global warming has been caused by a reduction in the number of pirates (real pirates, not those modern wanna bees). In our Bible there is a graph - one line shows (over the past 200 years) the decrease in the number of pirates - the other line shows the increase in global warming over the same period - irrefutable proof!!!!!

BP

Ramen brother 

Pasta, no. Rasta, yes.

Rastas, a bunch of quacks. Haile Salassie believers. Flew in the U.S. Virgin Islands where there is a mob of the friggin' maniacs. Don't like their picture taken. They never met me. 

So Pastas are relating pirates to Global Warming? Bolero, in this day & age anything is possible. Could be! I'll Google Pastafarians. I may join your church.

Just thought of something, if you Aussies moved over here or vice versa, I bet neither of us would notice a difference in rules & regulations...with maybe (maybe) a little less here.

I'm thinking about starting a school on how to avoid rules & regulations successfully. Avoiding taxes would be an extra credit.

hey Bill, have you heard of Pastafarians?  We (I'm a member of that religious group) believe (it's in our Bible) that the increase in global warming has been caused by a reduction in the number of pirates (real pirates, not those modern wanna bees). 

In our Bible there is a graph - one line shows (over the past 200 years) the decrease in the number of pirates - the other line shows the increase in global warming over the same period - irrefutable proof!!!!!

BP

Don’t worry Callaghan, liquor has become so expensive here that it’s cheaper to go to Church for it.

Beer? Beer in Australia has gotten expensive? That's a mega disaster of epic proportions! We get your Foster's here but what's odd (good) is that it comes in huge cans of about 750ml size. Not quite our gallon size but close. One can will kick your ass!

Man! Seriously, what the hell has happened to your country? Smart Americans used to migrate there to remove themselves from the bullsh-- here! I think they may be coming back. 

People ask me how our own country has gone to sh--. STUPID ASS VOTERS! That's how!

Who screwed up this formerly great web site? I knew it, and stated it months ago, that when a Committee takes over that things will go to pot.

I like to reply to the top of a question, putting the question below my reply. Now I get a stupid box that outlines my response & gets the response all squirrely. And where is "Reply" when you want to REPLY to someone?

It's like everything else. Just when some great, intelligent, hard working individual makes something work perfectly, a committee has to be appointed to screw it up.

I think I just figured out how both our countries got so fu-k-- up.

,ButchDon't they back-up those "tablet's onto the "main computer".  ( double writing everything)

Our PC's, Laptops & Tablets All suffer the malady of stuff-up 's  constantly,  ( so many repair shops everywhere).

Even IPhone's are Not infallible.

spacesailor

Not sure mate!

I think all PCs are linked into the system so information goes to main computer as entered.

I will have to ask my Daughter, they may only use laptops for records,

cheers.

It would be live to main system.

Ipad is just for entering and reading data

If one is lost or busted, grab another, log in and keep going

Who screwed up this formerly great web site? I knew it, and stated it months ago, that when a Committee takes over that things will go to pot.I like to reply to the top of a question, putting the question below my reply. Now I get a stupid box that outlines my response & gets the response all squirrely. And where is "Reply" when you want to REPLY to someone?

It's like everything else. Just when some great, intelligent, hard working individual makes something work perfectly, a committee has to be appointed to screw it up.

I think I just figured out how both our countries got so fu-k-- up.

There's no committee; just one person, with a lot of IT knowledge working a lot of hours for free. I'm having as much trouble as you are, but it's not the site owner, it's software progress, and the changing nature of social media. If he doesn't make the change now, and keep up with the linking technology it would be like having an Iphone 1, or trying to get today's programs operating on Windows 3. 

However, the good news is that things are falling into place day by day as the program loads history and gets our cookies sorted out.

So relax; it's costing you nothing for a great resource.

The Golden Rule is the one with the Gold makes the rules. Since Ian puts up, I shut up. It's his baby and he's done a lot of IT. Most of them are nuts (sort of) and talk their own Lingo. (Australian word for language).

As far as this Country Goes. We've not got Trump to blame so what's OUR excuse. ?  The World War will involve all of us. Nev

I once met a bloke who knew someone who SAID they drank Foster's. Once.

I knew the bloke that did the" AHHHHHHH Fosters Lager" voice over for the old Fosters add !

Fosters was the first beer I drank. Back in the 70's it was nearly the most popular beer.

We used to drink the old 26 ounce steel cans we nick named " depth charges"........ 3 or 4 and you were blown out of the water  026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

In our stupid ass USA years back, we had an oddball religious outfit that didn't eat anything. They figured they could get nourishment by breathing air....yes, AIR. They died out from starvation. True story. Dumb ass USA & that's when we had sense!

Sadly we had them here to. Was run by a loony woman and the “religion/movement” was called Breatharianism. I kid you not. Was just another cult type thing until some poor woman with mental issues joined the cult and the lead guru convinced her to stop eating and drinking. The patient got sicker and sicker but the Hutu convinced her it was because she was not believing enough and should try harder. 

Eventually died and there was the 

outcry after the event. 

World is full of crazy people and crazier people who think they have the answers

for everyone else. 

Wow those Breatharianism types show Darwinism in action huh. There are others less extreme but still bad, the anti-fluoride and anti-vaccination lots for example. Unfortunately Darwinism doesn't work so well on them. AND there is the anti-farmer brigade who are unwittingly attacking their food supply.

Christian Science ( what an oxymoron ) is not greatly different and it was started by a woman I think. All these are still going.

I knew the bloke that did the" AHHHHHHH Fosters Lager" voice over for the old Fosters add !

Fosters was the first beer I drank. Back in the 70's it was nearly the most popular beer.

We used to drink the old 26 ounce steel cans we nick named " depth charges"........ 3 or 4 and you were blown out of the water  026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Well, that’s nothing...I remember downing a long neck of Fosters when I was young. Used to get two of them in a brown paper bag as I left the pub at 6:00 pm on Friday and headed to the fish ‘n chip shop.

kaz

A firm stick forward with EFATO is always going to be my first instinct. That became drilled into me as a 15 year old learning to fly draggy 2-seat training gliders on winch launch, where the winch cable could be expected to break at any time. Typically, that happened just as my stick came fully back, establishing a climb to apex! The loud Bang sure gets your attention too:yikes:

It sure does...nose down quick and keep the aircraft flying. Low level doesn’t give time to do much...carby heat, fuel tank, mags. Best glide may not always be sufficient and more speed close to the ground is your friend but treat the relationship wisely. Speed can be traded for height to clear an obstacle or even a turn if circumstances permit.

Practice the impossible turn at 3000’ and work out what height you need to land back in the opposite direction, crosswind or to complete a circuit. Add at least 100’ to it and imprint that as your decision heights for an EFATO. But you must know your aircraft and have a clear plan before you firewall the noise knob.

Be prepared to wreck the machine rather than attempting to save it. Stretching the glide can be fatal.

kaz