Favourite aviation books

w3stie

I just did the same. It's an entertaining read. In the book he says the Thruster is an Australian design, but these days they seem to be made by Thruster Airservices in the UK, who also claim the design - or the design of the T600 Sprint anyway. Is the Thruster an Australian design? Just curious.rgmwa

Very definately. Some of the original design/production staff of the Thruster were participants in these forums some years back. I believe I'm correct in stating that, post-Horscot report, the Thruster Gemini was the first AUF training aircraft to be certified by CASA, closely followed by the Drifter. Farri, help me on this.

Very definately. Some of the original design/production staff of the Thruster were participants in these forums some years back. I believe I'm correct in stating that, post-Horscot report, the Thruster Gemini was the first AUF training aircraft to be certified by CASA, closely followed by the Drifter. Farri, help me on this.

OK, thanks Riley. Maybe someone should expand on this article then to set the record straight. It was the only reference I could find to the design, and we can't let the Brits claim ALL the credit. Thruster T600 Sprint - Wikipedia

A single seat thruster was produced years before that time and the two seat training capable version about 1986. Tony Hayes was considered the expert on the type .I corresponded extensively with him . He was modifying the design when he passed away unfortunately. A big loss to the movement. Nev

• 3 weeks later...