Good old Channel 7 does it again

red750

Whether Bishop was within or without the rules I’d agree it failed the pub test and the ability to bring to account on failing that in a very big way does exist for politicians.

Ever pondered if an equivalent expenditure by RAAus executive and board would be inside or outside the rules ... or even if it failed the pub test what or how it could be brought to light to seek redress?

Good luck with that were it to happen with - let’s just suppose - an Australia wide RAAus funded sales pitch to get proxy votes to change the rules ... that could never happen though could it

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason she had to go was she was doing a terrible job as speaker, I think she was a victim of her own success, she made the liberals look like a party of twits that were abusing parliamentary privilege.

Based on the theme of this thread, do you run a training facility in fact gathering for journalists, or just provide the “informed source” quotes online?

Whether Bishop was within or without the rules I’d agree it failed the pub test and the ability to bring to account on failing that in a very big way does exist for politicians..

For years my local member, even when he was Finance Minister in a LNP government, always drove himself around his enormous electorate. A helicopter? Just asking for trouble.

I don’t know why anyone would watch 7 , 9 or 10 for news. On tv I look at abc or sbs from time to time. And every now and then when I want really high quality reporting I read The Economist. I’d read it every week but I’m such a slow reader nowadays I can’t keep up!

I've got to agree with general distrust sentiments with media. It all changed for me whilst working at Holden Customer assistance and knowing all the facts of a 'lemon' vehicle and its owner as I was the go between between them, the Dealer involved and us as the manufacturer. Seeing the news report that made it to air and the two were absolute poles apart. The sensationalizing was simply incredible with not the slightest regard whatsoever for anything that detracted from the fanfare and BS they wanted to pump out.That was many years ago now, but to this day, I question everything I hear and see from the media - very, very clearly, their agenda's are elsewhere.

Must agree with all of the media loving. My son ,rv7 owner, works with a mate who has the same first name and similar aircraft to the one involved in the tragic accident near Emerald recently. Same name says , his sister in law receives a call from a major news journo , asking if she might have a recent photo of him. S.I. L. replies probably why? Journo - He has just been killed in a plane crash. S.I.L. Breaks contact, races round to find him having breakfast with his wife . There should be a snout and tail bounty.

• Agree 1

Unfortunately we are in a race to the bottom, professionalism, character & class are traits lost to history, just YouTube some of the media stories from the 1960’s-70’s, the anchors & reporters were very well spoken & they actually reasearched thier stories without Facebook or google & none of that sensationalism we now see. For me the cream of the crop was the ABC’s James Dibble, absolute LEDGEND.

• Agree 2

Bronwyn was a disaster as a politician, the most incompetent politician in living history.

FIFY. There never was a greater "snout-in-the-trough" MP in history. I reckon she was the initiator of the "Age of Entitlement".

FIFY. There never was a greater "snout-in-the-trough" MP in history. I reckon she was the initiator of the "Age of Entitlement".

I think if we got serious and did some research we could find multiple contenders for that position. ( with them in every party)

• Agree 3

Standard operating procedure for Internet forums. Start with one topic - evolve through several others.

Nothing wrong with that, humans actually have a short attention span & varity is the spice of life:off topic:

Would have been interesting if that headline had been shown before the election.

Unfortunately his support base in Tamworth knew all this before the election and they did not care.

Now he didn’t come to armidale much and he will not be going back to graman pub in a hurry.

It’s never a good look for a candidate to knock the hat off an elector in the pub

when they ask how’s the baby coming along when all you want is the 10,000th photo opp of you with a beer and the hard working battler ... because that’s his thing.

I didn’t vote for him. But the majority did so like the sane people in the USA I sit here and hope he just comes to the end of his political life sooner rather than later.

He’s my local member and he’s a tool

• Caution 1

Barnaby's daughter drove down the main street of Tamworth with a megaphone during the byelection telling people not to vote for him because he cheated on her mother and betrayed her, Barnaby got the cops to stop her by telling them she had taken the car without his permission.

Barnaby's daughter drove down the main street of Tamworth with a megaphone during the byelection telling people not to vote for him because he cheated on her mother and betrayed her, Barnaby got the cops to stop her by telling them she had taken the car without his permission.

Lol. I knew about that and was typing in my post but thought better of it - Barnaby has deeper pockets than I do so other than the scrap in the graman pub where he blew up himself I left it clear.

Still a tool. Still my local member :-(