Good old Channel 7 does it again

red750

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that what happens when you rely on the spellchecker

Statement from the 1st wife...

I am deeply saddened by the news that my husband has been having an affair and is now having a child with a former staff member. I understand that this affair has been going on for many months and started when she was a paid employee.

This situation is devastating on many fronts. For my girls who are affected by the family breakdown and for me as a wife of 24 years, who placed my own career on hold to support Barnaby through his political life.

Our family life has had to be shared during Barnaby’s political career and it was with trust that we let campaign and office staff into our homes and into our lives. Naturally we also feel deceived and hurt by the actions of Barnaby and the staff member involved.

The situation for myself and the girls will be made worse by the fact that this will all be played out in public so at this time, I would ask that the girls and I are given some privacy and time to come to terms with the consequences and take steps to plan our future.

uugghh larry pickering is real piece of work, after ASX blocked his access to trading data so his share trading software folded, and he recoded it to horse racing

Larry Pickering who ripped off $15million in a betting software scam claims to be investigating Julia Gillard for the AWU fraud scam.

the apple never falls far from the tree: supplying coke to 17 year old girls

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Goodness, FT - did you write this stuff, below? Looks like you might have had a good hand in it, at least. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Larry Pickering - RationalWiki

Both you, and the writer of the Larry Pickering page on RationalWiki might like to read more about Larry Pickerings early life, to gain better insight into his phobias, and dislikes.

Larry Pickering and "poofter bashings"

There is enough good things written about Larry without my contributions, I think he descent into gold coast entrepreneur has set him up for life.

I always think its weird how people of a certain political persuasion love going over to the fake news sources when it compliments their political views, they are happy to sacrifice objectivity and accuracy to further their agenda. Not realising, of course, that the tide flow both ways.

• 8 months later...
QF jet carrying the royals had to go around because there was another a/c on the “TARMAC” fine proof reading Channel 9 morning show.

On the commercial radio it was said that the reason was a truck being on the (place where planes land). That's old news! The story was mentioned in this very thread in Post#3

1540596372799.png.fb29ecde95cf78e59ae0d6b40a55c1fd.png

On the commercial radio it was said that the reason was a truck being on the (place where planes land). That's old news! The story was mentioned in this very thread in Post#3[ATTACH=full]62253[/ATTACH]

That's one I don't think I've seen mate,. . .what's the back story ? obvs on a U.S. Freeway or summink. . .

Phil,

Go back to the start of this thread and you will see where the picture comes from.

I was implying that the meeja uses stock footage in their reports and often the images are completely irrelevant to the story.

Phil,Go back to the start of this thread and you will see where the picture comes from.

I was implying that the meeja uses stock footage in their reports and often the images are completely irrelevant to the story.

OK, Thanks OME. . makes sense now !

Not Channel 7 this time, but the "venerable" Sydney Morning Herald.

Reporting the double fatality at Wentworth on 31/10/18

Civil Aviation Safety Authority spokesman Peter Gibson said the Eurofox ultralight plane crashed 65km from Wentworth.

He said no flight plan was recorded for the ultralight and the governing body for ultralights, Aviation Australia, would assist police with the investigation and give CASA a final report.

• Like 1

Not Channel 7 this time, but the "venerable" Sydney Morning Herald.Reporting the double fatality at Wentworth on 31/10/18

Civil Aviation Safety Authority spokesman Peter Gibson said the Eurofox ultralight plane crashed 65km from Wentworth.

He said no flight plan was recorded for the ultralight and the governing body for ultralights, Aviation Australia, would assist police with the investigation and give CASA a final report.

Have you ever read 'A Gift of Wings' by Richard Bach I wonder,. . .? . . .In it, he has a chapter on these kind of Media reports,. . . usually ending with : 'The Little Plane did NOT HAVE A FLIGHT PLAN' ! !

Have you ever read 'A Gift of Wings' by Richard Bach I wonder,. . .? . . .In it, he has a chapter on these kind of Media reports,. . . usually ending with : 'The Little Plane did NOT HAVE A FLIGHT PLAN' ! !

IT seems to be an extraordinary common belief that we need a flight plan and to get 'permission' whenever we fly. When I'm explaining to someone for the first time, they are usually quite surprised to hear the freedoms we do have in terms of where we can go.In saying that, I did file a pair of plans for a trip to Queensland and back a few days ago, then got a call from ASA and had to explain to the briefing officer that ASA told RAAus to tell US that if you are filing a notification, it has to have Rnnnn, and it has to match your ADS-B ident - or it screws up the flight plan auto-coupling in TAAATS and upsets the controllers when you request flight following. In the end, I emailed him both the ASA and RAAus reference documents. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

IT seems to be an extraordinary common belief that we need a flight plan and to get 'permission' whenever we fly...

Flight Plan? We in the Rec Aviation sphere are lucky to have a bit of freedom.

For local flights and circuits I take a commonsense approach: ensure both aircraft and pilot are properly prepared and make sure someone sensible knows where I'm going and knows how to log into OzRunways to check my track log.

For longer flights I do my plans both on paper and in OzRunways, but have never bothered Air Services with them.

Back when I flew, any flight outside the training area required lodgement of a flight plan and sartime. That may have been a requirement of the school.

Let's get off the specific "no flight plan lodged" and look at the other example of lack of fact checking. "Aviation Australia"????? Who or what is that?

Should we drown the Editor in Chief with complaints of poor basic reporting? Unless we become the squeaky wheel, the meeja will continue to slur non-commercial aviation.

...Unless we become the squeaky wheel, the meeja will continue to slur non-commercial aviation.

How do you get their attention?

Every time I've tried to contact a TV station regarding a mistake in their reporting, it's been a torturous process.

They rarely reply to emails. Good luck finding a phone number.