More Space Junk.

red750

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reported on the 6 pm Win TV news up here that the red car in space is not going where it is supposed to, it`s heading for an asteroid belt...They said the rocket overshot the point where the car was supposed to have been deployed.

Frank.

...is not going where it is supposed to, it`s heading for an asteroid belt ....They said the rocket overshot the point where the car was supposed to have been deployed.

I guess the Dummy thinks he's driving a Ford Galaxy.

• Haha 1

Personally, I think a Ford Explorer would have been a better choice for something to blast into space. Come to think of it, they could send all the Ford Explorers into space, and we wouldn't miss any of them. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Agree 3

Personally, I think a Ford Explorer would have been a better choice for something to blast into space. Come to think of it, they could send all the Ford Explorers into space, and we wouldn't miss any of them. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Sending Ford Exploders into space would be considered an act of hostility, could start an interstellar war.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

There's another piece of space junk sent up by the CEO of Rocket Lab Peter Beck in NZ. I's called the Humanity star & is a geodesic reflective sphere spinning in a low orbit & when visible appears as a twinkling star. You can check when it will be over your location HERE. It will re-enter the atmosphere in about 9 months & burn up.

The Kiwis beat us again. Australia pays squillions to other countries for satellites and still has no space launch industry, even though this country was the third to launch a satellite. The LNP government under Menzies could see no future in space, so didn't support our scientists. (Menzies also saw no future in computers, after Australia was the third nation to build one. It still exists, so is now the world's oldest).

Meanwhile, our government can still find the money to subsidise foreign-owned coal mines that will never pay tax here...

No wonder I drink.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2

.....(Menzies also saw no future in computers, after Australia was the third nation to build one. It still exists, so is now the world's oldest)....

Yes, that historic computer is still on display at the Museum of Victoria in Melbourne, along with a short video explaining its operation...quite an elaborate process in fact. Sadly, Australia fails repeatedly to make the most of its world-class innovators.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This one hasn't been shot into space, but this Tesla was used for advertising by an electricity supplier at the 2017 Melbourne Grand Prix.

1819168662_redenergyTesla.JPG.f60b2f475ead79841f3924e559d628b9.JPG

• Like 2

Yes Marty. You nailed it.It's just a sales gimmick.

Yep a gimmick , but they need to load the thing with somthing!

Another thought.......... maybe its not a car at all. But a cunningly disguised secret death ray machine! .

Clever very clever , no one would ever guess!

I proudly have a distant family member (AKA Rocket Scientist) that works for SpaceX. Elon also had him on the team doing the initial technical proposal for the “hyperlink” ultra high speed passenger transporter from LA to San Fran (approx. 90 minutes, I think).One of the major limitations to the hyperlink proposal wasn’t technical, but more about the maximum g force a typical passenger would tolerate as a paying passenger. That lead to a need for wide radius corners covering lots of real estate, so that pushes up costs for either land acquisition, or extensive tunneling.

My family member says Elon is both inspiring and terrifying all at the same time, as he isn’t afraid to throw down ambitious engineering challenges at short notice, expect results, but embrace “constructive” failure. He is truly an inspiring entrepreneur from direct evidence.

Terrible public speaker though. I Fell asleep watching his annual speech ( youtube ) topic was great delivery ... boring )

• Informative 1

Need more of these fantasy ventures,..

Sure makes a nice change from the rest of the news. Kennedy and Kruschev gave us the space race; something for all humans to be proud of.

Maybe Elon Musk will, one day, be thought of like an Edison or Jobs, or not. I have no clue.

I'm sure his name will outlive most of the currently famous non-entities dished up to us daily by the media.

• Agree 3

I'm sure his name will outlive most of the currently famous non-entities dished up to us daily by the media

Old K - Oh, No-o-o-o!!! - Please don't say things like that! I've been hanging out, to see a Kardashian hanging it all out, in outer space!! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 2

Old K - Oh, No-o-o-o!!! - Please don't say things like that! I've been hanging out, to see a Kardashian hanging it all out, in outer space!! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I love to see a Kardashian (or all of them) launched into outer space......

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2