Will Aviation in Australia Get Cheaper

Your economic facts are indisputable, in real life however, it just doesn't play out like that for cars, planes, boats, motorcycles, etc etc.People want new and the latest.

I couldn’t agree more, that’s why it is getting expensive

Its not that much cheaper these days, insurance prices are similar, hangerage is the same, maintenance is a bit cheaper and so is fuel, most RAA planes you see flying around these days are not thrusters or saphires, they are expensive 2 seat 100 knot aircraft. My point with the tecnam for $169k is you can buy a nice C172 for around $70k, that gives you $100k in your pocket for running costs. also a couple of extra seats

Exactly my point, said with a slight chuckle of irony.Erik in Oz.

Guest nicephotog

Of costs in Australia and economics , there are massive complications WHY it is not possible to properly explain the explainable in terms of what money is spent on e.g. The "Australian Bureau of Statistics" (ABS) reports , and again tax pool and prospectivisation by the governments on public moneys debt.

One interesting feature of household expenditure interested me a year back, that is that around 22,000 AUD is spent on travel in places such as Sydney, Melbourne Brisbane.

Multiply by 10 years is 220K.

If you can spend 22K in 10 years on "fancy crap" for a vehicle you could buy at 1/3 cost, and for some journeys aside standard costs there is time like hotels and meals, you could "skip" all that , and swap it for speed (costly distance journeys) using a light aircraft and bring the costs down to around the same (truthfully more but not out of reach by allocation).

Other inhibiting factors on aviation are personal loans are never beyond 50K and require 4 years to pay off logically with speed.

I don't exactly say it will be cheaper in Australia , just cheaper by product offer by competition.