It is with sadness

Admin

Why is it that sad news so often hits us at Christmas? The answer is beyond most of us.

For the comfort of any family members who might read these forums, we all have such a closeness, respect and love for people like George that money can never buy, because he was one of us. We are all feeling the sadness of the loss of one of our kind, and he will be sorely missed, but remembered with the utmost respect.

R.I.P. mate

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

When this life I'm in is done,

And at the gates I stand,

My hope is that I answer all

His questions on command.

I doubt He'll ask me of my fame,

Or all the things I knew, Instead,

He'll ask of rainbows sent

On rainy days I flew.

The hours logged, the status reached,

The ratings will not matter.

He'll ask me if I saw the rays

And how He made them scatter.

Or what about the droplets clear,

I spread across your screen?

And did you see the twinkling eyes.

If student pilots keen?

The way your heart jumped in your chest,

That special solo day-

Did you take time to thank the one

Who fell along the way?

Remember how the runway lights

Looked one night long ago

When you were lost and found your way,

And how-you still dont know?

How fast, how far, how much, how high?

He'll ask me not these things

But did I take the time to watch

The Moonbeams wash my wings?

And did you see the patchwork fields

And moutains I did mould;

The mirrored lakes and velvet hills,

Of these did I behold?

The wind he flung along my wings,

On final almost stalled.

And did I know I it was His name,

That I so fearfully called?

And when the goals are reached at last,

When all the flyings done,

I'll answer Him with no regret-

Indeed, I had some fun.

So when these things are asked of me,

And I can reach no higher,

My prayer this day - His hand extends

To welcome home a Flyer.

The memorial service for George will be held at Karrakatta Cemetary in Perth at 2:30 pm on Thursday, 17 Jan.

Flowers have been sent on behalf of everyone at the Recreational Flying Forums

Greetings All

Just back from Browng's memorial service. As you may have expected, the aviation fraternity formed just a part of the chapel attendence as George was so very popular and well thought of in every other circle that he moved in. A family member asked that I pass on their appreciation to the Recreational Flying crowd for the floral tribute. So thanks to Ian for arranging same and thanks to all you folk who posted such sincere comment regarding George's larger-than-life participation in these forums. Our quiet little country flying club will be a lot quieter for a lot longer because of George & Jim's departure but they'll not be forgotten.

Regards to all, Riley

• 5 weeks later...

(received from Debra - we are all with you and if there is anything we can do to help then please just let us know)

Hi Ian,

Thank you everyone at The Recreational Flying Forum for sending flowers to George's funeral. Thanks to your member Riley as he has logged me in to send this message.

The funeral was a happy one as funerals go, and a great DVD was put together by a digital artist, (George was also a Digital Artist along with a million other things). The DVD was footage from 20 years ago when he flew his beloved Pitts in Sywell England.

He also flew his first J3, his Stinson 108 and his Jodel he had back in 1990, along with a Sopwith Triplane, which his log book records 16 flights. It makes me laugh to see the first entry of the Sopwith dated 30/4/90 which he has entered in the comments SWEAT & FEAR!!!!!!!!!

Today our beloved J3 came home to its hangar in Bindoon after sitting in a hangar in Northam since Georges death. Claude a 70 yr old French man flew it beautifully home. This is the first time George's Jodel and Cub have got together. It was a squeeze but worked out in the end.

George gave me the wonderful experience of flight when I accompanied him from Riddles Creek to York WA in the J3 in June 2005. It was an amazing adventure and is with me for the rest of my life. I miss George so much, his humour especially and can only stand on the ground amongst the two planes and saviour our flight for the moment. He brought the Jodel to teach me to fly, so with or without him I have decided to get my pilots license.

Today is the first day I have read his tributes. It was so good to read the words of kindness from all the members.

Once again, thank you for the flowers.

His wife Debra Logan.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GWPBrown/CubTripSite

This is the link to our Cub trip in 2005.