Two police choppers destroyed in the US

red750

A police Bell 206 was sitting on the landing pad with rotors turning when a second 206 arrived to land next to it. The rotors clipped and both machines were torn apart. Video below. The accident is shown first, then before and after to show context.

Guest Guest

Posted on FB the other day with plenty of Wow's! Just goes to show how sometimes pilots are focused so much they don't see the forest for the trees! Those guys where not meant to go that day.

I kind of like the finger-pointing by the pilot of the chopper closest to the camera. "You BASTARD! Where did you get your chopper pilots licence?? Out of a Weeties packet???" 003_cheezy_grin.gif.a3ff7382d559df9a047d5e265974e5f3.gif

Bex, you'd better go into hiding, there's lot of women chopper pilots out there - and a lot of capable ones, too. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Army Women: Better Chopper Pilots Than the Guys?

Bex, you'd better go into hiding,

I'll be right Mate, if a lady can't take that sort of humour then there's no way she's coming to my house to cook and clean for me.

So your riding along in an Army chopper over hostile grounds and suddenly bullets rip through the craft and the pilot takes one in the arm and in the leg ...

Would you prefer that Pilot to be of which sex at that point in time?

No comment on the joyflight chopper down in the East River with 5 dead. Pilot claims passengers luggage knocked emergency fuel shut-off switch.

I couldn't really care what sex he/she was/is, as long as they demonstrated flying competence, and the ability to carry on, despite injuries.

Unfortunately, Defence doesn't seem to screen for resilient , tough people any more. Forced "diversity" is what they want, so the person beside you will whatever gender Defence choose for you, their resilience, aptitude and competence just coincidental.It has been said that women make better pilots because they are good at following instructions with less "cowboying", you could argue that, it was a factor in the incident above. From the report: Her state of mind was that the other helicopter was in the box, so pay attention to your box when you land, and you'll be fine.

Doing exactly as she was taught.