ICOM-ICA20

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Skip, when you're ready to part with that pesky IC-A20, give me a ding please!

My once trusty back-up unit now has an almost unreadable LCD screen. I'm not savvy enough to know whether its a failed screen or something else, but as you said, they are a solid reliable unit worth fixing.

cheers

WBY

Excellent, good result. I'm hoping to get a small panel radio at a reasonable price from Europe, there should be quite a few available soon. Cheers,

Mark

25 Khz spaced Panel mounts are scarce, ( current date August 30th ) some suppliers are offering buyback deals for Icom, Becker and Garmin panel mounts. But with the hand helds, they are only bothering with Late model examples, which are 12 months old or less, and in Mint condition. Be interesting to see how many are left after the 25Khz cutoff date, ie 31st Dec 2018.

The CAA were going to offer a trade - in, but I dunno how that would work, as they don't Sell radios as far as I know. . .maybe to keep the old types off the second hand shop market. . .as they could still interfere with the airband in the wrong hands. . . ( just guessing here. . )