New to all this, looking to learn to fly in perth

Hi Nathan,

Welcome. If you are thinking about flying out of Bunbury (depending on where in Perth you live) give me a call its a great place with plenty of like minded people. Dave in the hanger next to ours has just sold his Thruster to move on to something else but there's allsorts down there.

Yes, best to train outside of Perth itself, at least for an RAA cert. There are training facilities North,East and South of Perth (Within 2 hrs drive) so something should be within viable reach...

The Bunbury Aero Club teaches RAA Cert...

Flight training, Pilot's Licences, Scenic & Charter Flights

Club Breakfast first Sunday of the month. All welcome. (Can get up to 100 people and 30 or 40 aircraft if the weather is fine)

There is lots of activity with Gyro, Microlight, Ultralight, PPL and Commercial training...... Having said that, the circuit is rarely overly congested.

Finding hangarage is probably not too difficult as there are lots of hangars...

Yep, Downunder has hit it on the head. Great little community lots of friendly help and advice when required and no problem with hangarage.

Easy run from Rocky down the Forrest Highway.

I’m always down at weekends give me a heads up and come down i’ll Also introduce you to Jeff who has Airsports WA who do Gyro and Microlights, we’ll take up in the Microlight.

Welcome Birds. . . . Hope you get sorted with somewhere to aviate mate.

One thing, make sure that, before you do a Navex to Rottnest, get your Thruster fitted with the new, armoured Kwokka proof tyres OK ?. . . 008_roflmao.gif.1403968ae51b10bfcd4c01d7b660b53c.gif

098_welcome.gif.811b1786f73dfe0564b760c2eadbc168.gif

Phil.

G’day all, signed up to learn as much as I can, will be looking at purchasing most likely a thruster t500 ultralight and learning to fly in it in perth over the next 6-12 months, any suggestions and advice welcome (: cheersNathan

There is 13 T300 Thrusters where I live, 3 of the 4 912 thrusters are in my region too. There only one left somewhere in the world, as was exported a while ago.

Great little machines, fun and cheap and if you learn to fly them, there won't be much you can't fly. So I have been told