Oz runways question

Does anyone know how to turn off the red(sometimes blue) bar on top edge of an iPad with ozrunways recording on it. My battery runs down quick when happening. Sometimes I am only planning or investigating places to go and will not be flying.

I have searched the menus and iPad settings for an off selection. It does not seem obvious to find.

Thanks

Plug it in to a power source. Alternatively, use simulator mode and it will stop bugging the GPS for data.

You can also go into the iPad general settings and turn the location data off for the app.

See Settings > OzRunways > Location

G'day ClintonB,

If you double tap the home button you should get a list of recent applications. Then swipe up on the application (the OzRunways "window") and it should close the application and clear it from memory.

This will stop it from requesting precise location from the device and draining your battery. However if you're in the middle of planning a nav this may clear any unsaved data though.

Cheers

When the app is open it is by default using the ipad GPS so the blue bar at the top is a warning to let you know the the app. Thats the way the app/platform works and is really a safety feature in a way. Close the app when not in use.

Found it to be working a lot better now. Used in anger on a real mission the other day, had paper on knee board and checked I pad to see if dead reckoning was working. Builds confidence to see the line matching what you are seeing on ground and paper.

Thanks for all your tips.