Rotax 582

sandman

hey just seeing what sort of dollars I could get for a rotax 582 with 208 hours on it and I bought it 2010. It appears that the pto crank seal is weeping and the bottom angular pipe for rotary valve oil is broken, maybe someone who buys it might use it for parts but was thinking whether I get it rebuilt or sell it as is.

hey just seeing what sort of dollars I could get for a rotax 582 with 208 hours on it and I bought it 2010. It appears that the pto crank seal is weeping and the bottom angular pipe for rotary valve oil is broken, maybe someone who buys it might use it for parts but was thinking whether I get it rebuilt or sell it as is.

I think the key thing is how it has been stored and when it was last run.

It all depends on the crank brgs condition. 208 hrs is nothing, however any pitting, rust or damage to bottom end devalues it significantly.

I personally know of a bottom end that did 1600 hrs, run several times per week in a trike.

Look up liquid intelligence seal rejuvenation. I added to my gearbox, as main seal weeping. 5 hours of ground runs and taxiing...all stopped now.

Dropped the oil, replaced and safe tied and good as gold! Not cheap at $90 something, though I added to other engines I have at home to stop another leak too. 

Beats having to tear down and replace

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve had 4 Rotax 582 , all from new and currently running a Rotax 503 DCDI with E-type reduction gearbox. There`s no way I would use any additive, regardless of cost, to try and stop a seal from leaking...Keep in mind what the cost of an E.F.A.T.O. can be!

Frank.

I will give you 2k for it, only because i have a spare motor !!! I know you said you wanted 3.5k but its just not worth it.

Let me know ?