What happened with the MTOW change for RAAus

What happened, if anything regarding the MTOW being lifted from 600kg to 750kg (and purportedly higher)? Did this ever get changed, did I miss something? I read some older threads and it seemed a bit contentious, but it was also indicated as likely.

Thanks

Damien

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YES another stuff up I believe.

My question is "WHAT" is the RAA doing for us on a month to month basis. Do we know anything with the RAA agenda and what is going on for the next 12 months. Have not seen any reports from the Chairman of RAA in any updates on email lately of have I missed it. 

Should we be getting a full RAA in house performance newsletter, with details with board performance, and of membership numbers monthly, pilot cert numbers gained monthly, those who have not renewed membership, Aircraft new rego's and planned  objectives of RAA with CASA for the year and told of the actual process or blocking from CASA in written form.

Or Not?

• Like 1

750 kg MTOW would allow Cessna 150,152  Piper tomahawke  Beech skipper and others to flock to RAA maybe.

So you would have one fleet maintained by amatures no disrespect intended,  and the other controlled by casa.

Five years down the track when neither group has fallen from the sky ? COULD WE BE LIKE CANADA ?

750 kg MTOW would allow Cessna 150,152  Piper tomahawke  Beech skipper and others to flock to RAA maybe.So you would have one fleet maintained by amatures no disrespect intended,  and the other controlled by casa.

Five years down the track when neither group has fallen from the sky ? COULD WE BE LIKE CANADA ?

You already have Cessna 150s (including at least one aerobat) registered with Ra-Aus.  

It’s all being explained in the PDPs at the moment. The RAAus team are travelling around the country to keep CfIs L2s and members informed

It’s all being explained in the PDPs at the moment. The RAAus team are travelling around the country to keep CfIs L2s and members informed

"PDPs"? Pretty damn private?

oh deary me nothing changed so what do expect from raa  do not believe a thing the tell you GET IT IN WRITING  that's the only way force the head of your organization to out it In writing that's why I left cause the promise allthe <mod censored> and cant deliver neil 

I wonder why they don’t go near the capitol cities?

I wonder why they don’t go near the capitol cities?

I guess they are choosing airfields close to where the majority of CFIs are. The communications officer said in his email that 80 were attending the Caboolture one, but only around 30 on the first day, maybe 40 on the second. Good weather too, so I guess it was either an exaggeration or half chose not to turn up after receiving confirmation of what they were going to talk about.

Anyway, they confirmed they have the 750kg but it wont be for LSA. All LSA stay at 600kgs. I guess they now have to change all the manuals to suit so it may take a while to come through. Flying schools will have to use LAMEs for the higher MTOW, but owners will still be able to do their own maintenance.

Anyway, they confirmed they have the 750kg but it wont be for LSA. All LSA stay at 600kgs. I guess they now have to change all the manuals to suit so it may take a while to come through. Flying schools will have to use LAMEs for the higher MTOW, but owners will still be able to do their own maintenance.

If that is true, then I can imagine flying schools using Cessna 152s as the tough trainers they are, signing off students, and those newly qualified pilots jumping into a Jab, without endorsement, as they entitled to do.

What could possibly go wrong?

Still don’t quite understand. So the mtow increase won’t apply to factory built LSA ie. 24 and 23 rego’s. But will apply to “certified aircraft” like a 150 if it is maintained the same as GA with a LAME. So where is the actual benefit? I suspect I must be missing something here. There as so many LSA aircraft that the manufacturer allows a higher MTOW if  experiemental, but the same aircraft can’t legally do it when LSA. Wasn’t the change initiated to solve the obvious problem of folks carrying less fuel to stay legally within the often artificial 600kg?

slb, what’s the source of this info re the increase in MTOW?

So where did you see this or hear it?    Until you see it written down somewhere I would treat it as just a furfey. 

Heard at Caboolture 16/17th May from RAA.  750kg has been talked about for years.  It was discussed in a 1991 AUF magazine. ☺️

My C152 won't fit in 750kg, being 759kg.  Only need a LAME if being used for training, otherwise L1.  ELAAA Ltd were talking of 760kg.

So are they still just talking about it or is it in effect/approved.   Big difference.  With all the talk from RAA in the last couple of years I would have expected a news bulletin to that effect if it was actually approved.  

LAME maintenance mandated for training is just another step towards GA restrictions, started with the latest Tech Manual pushed through without amendment by Linke even after board submissions.  Sorry times ahead with this autocratic management -  but it has been pointed out “many” times already.

Where has this information come from? Who can confirm this. 

Anyone got a phone number to a board member they can call and confirm this weekend and get a direct answer from a horses mouth???

Or who is the initial contact (name title)  with CASA that RAA deal with - might be worth a direct call at let them know we are not pleased with RAA and go above the RAA head and express displeasure. 

WHY has RAA hidden it and not put it out to the members. If CFI's are getting personal briefing's by RAA - WHY?

TOTAL lack of transparency, if this is true.  

Looks like RAA is a member of the CIA - tooo many secrets.  

I may be pis*** off, if we have not been informed as members of RAA by email  - however it all could be lies and just worked up over rumors. 

No I am not a member of any other mob - ELAA? is it? Just generally pis*** off 

ELAAA was talking about re-registering GA as VH-9999 ultralight.  That was in an email some time ago.  I suspect they are waiting for their documentation to be approved before they can say exactly what will happen, regarding maintenance, pilot certificate, rego etc.

So where did you see this or hear it?    Until you see it written down somewhere I would treat it as just a furfey. 

It was announced by RAAus CEO to all the members present at the PDP, not just CFIs. I should have said 760kgs, not 750kgs (typo mistake on a small screen not picked up)