Narromine AusFly 2018

Love to fly

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australian ultralight federation. An organisation that focused on ultralights but which became RAAus and is now GA focused.

Not only focused,BUT created by and FOR ULTRALIGHTS,not quasi ga aircraft...…………..

Airventure Australia is the Cessnock thing in Sept.Ausfly is the Narromine thing in Oct.

Natfly is an obsolete name

And the pushing out of the RAA CHESTS[only 2 of them really starting with m]will be front and centre at Cessnock not worth attending to those that know the true meaning of 'FREEDOM TO FLY',Ausfly sounds like something worth going to.

• Agree 1

Hopefully not extinct. Although I guess it all depends on your interpretation. Holbrook seem to host what I think would come close? And hopefully Narromine will be a friendly old fashioned style fly in.

We can only hope so,might be alright if the RAA execs are banned...……….

Not wishing to buy into squabbles about ranking Airventure, Ausfly, Holbrook etc, surely I’m not the only wrinkly grey guy to notice a sea of other wrinkly grey guys at these events. It is sad overall that young people either:1) don’t turn up to any of these events in large numbers, or

2) the young are no longer interested in flying and simply don’t partake in aviation.

If the latter is the case, that doesn’t bode well for aviation overall.

I don't think that the young of today are not interested in aviation dsam, I think it is more a case of the cost, as for me if the Auf had not been around when I first learnt to fly,i would still be flying models.The very reason ultralight flying first came into being ,AFFORDABLE not bloody accessable as the raa exec,s would try to have you believe. As the QUASI GA drive to take over the cheapest most enjoyable way for young people to get into aviation ,has unfortunetly been taken over by empire building quasi ga ' wants' ;,resulting in ever increasing costs to pay for the empire building of a couple of ex and not so ex GA people Quote'largest recreational body in Australia'end quote.RAA statement.

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

the plethora of discounted tickets from Ra Aus seems to indicate slow sales???

I think your talking about the RAA bullshit one at Cessnock,ticket sales reflect that LOTS of people are waking up to RAA,s real agenda...……….

This thread has NOTHING to do with the RAAus flyin at Cessnock.....Ian, can you please remove Bulls and other non revelant posts as they cause nothing but confusion.

kiwi.

Sorry Kiwi, have removed my last post myself , but a lot of people are still hurting about the debarkle created by the RAA exec,s at Narromine last time , and it seems to have tainted the name Narromine, and if you read my posts ,I have said this event should be worth seeing unlike the Cessnock event .

• Agree 1

Bull, there are plenty of other posts currently going on about the management of the RAAus, you would better off posting on one of them rather than posting on this one, how about posting positive posts about how fantastic the old natflys were (I went all of them from 2001, most of them in a Drifter).

Kiwi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think that the young of today are not interested in aviation dsam, I think it is more a case of the cost, as for me if the Auf had not been around when I first learnt to fly,i would still be flying models.

Bull, cost was a huge factor for me as well. When I was 13 (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I had no money to speak of, just a burning desire to fly. So I joined the Canadian Air Cadets and worked my a** off studying, training, and competing for (one of a very few) gliding, and later on, powered flying scholarships. I believe Australia does the same with their Air League? Perhaps someone can confirm this?

Bull, I suppose I’m saying that enthusiasm, dedication and drive to that extent isn’t often shown to aviation these days by the young (with a few notable exceptions). Perhaps the world has moved on, and other more financially lucrative pursuits are more enticing.

I see many young people prepared to go for thrill-seeking tandem parachute “experiences”, but if study, and a serious dedication of time & effort are involved (as with becoming a pilot) far fewer seem interested.

...Oh well, just the musings of a much more senior “big kid”, who has never lost his enthusiasm for aviation in all its forms:plane:

• Agree 1

No ticket sales for AusFly - gold coin donation. RAAus thing at Cessnock is a totally separate event.

WOW....A GOLD COIN DONATION for entry. Pretty much unheard of in this day and age.

Your event deserves to be well supported.

AusFly 2018 – All Aviators Under One Sky!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Bull, cost was a huge factor for me as well. When I was 13 (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I had no money to speak of, just a burning desire to fly. So I joined the Canadian Air Cadets and worked my a** off studying, training, and competing for (one of a very few) gliding, and later on, powered flying scholarships. I believe Australia does the same with their Air League? Perhaps someone can confirm this?Bull, I suppose I’m saying that enthusiasm, dedication and drive to that extent isn’t often shown to aviation these days by the young (with a few notable exceptions). Perhaps the world has moved on, and other more financially lucrative pursuits are more enticing.

I see many young people prepared to go for thrill-seeking tandem parachute “experiences”, but if study, and a serious dedication of time & effort are involved (as with becoming a pilot) far fewer seem interested.

...Oh well, just the musings of a much more senior “big kid”, who has never lost his enthusiasm for aviation in all its forms:plane:

Great vid, shows how the Thruster got it's undeserved reputation. I am taking mine to Aus fly 2018 hope I don't ground loop it !

The sport air makes the t83 look like it,s a paraglider [slow] sportair only has a 503
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Registrations now open. Look forward to seeing/meeting some of you there.

There are now 9,995 more reasons to fly, ride or drive to AUSFLY 2018 Narromine Airport - 18th to 21st October.

Be a part of aviation grass-roots and come celebrate what we all love about our aircraft, flying and aviation community. Mates, BBQ's, Beers, Seminars, Workshops, Airshows, Trade Exhibitors and a great time.

No politics, just great friends celebrating everything we have in common! All pilots, no matter what you own or what you fly are welcome - AUSFLY 2018 - All Aviators Under One Sky.

COMPETITION DETAILS

All competition details will be available via the www.ausfly.com.au website and facebook page, from Wednesday 3rd October 2018.

REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE

To register your attendance to AUSFLY 2018, please visit:

www.ausfly.com.au/registrations

EXHIBIT AN AIRCRAFT OR YOUR PRODUCTS

Commercial exhibitors and product resellers are welcome to attend AUSFLY 2018 free of charge. To register your participation call: 0419 421 632

AUSFLY 2018 EVENT PARTNERS

- Aircraft Owners and PIlots Associaiton of Australia

- Sport Aircraft Association of Australia

- Aircraft Maintenance Repair Overhaul Business Association

- Narromine Shire Council

- Narromine Aero Club

- Narromine Glider Club

- Narromine Aviation Museum

- Royal Flying Doctor Service

- AVPLAN

- QBE Insurance

- AvCover Aviation Insurance

- Matt Hall Racing

- AOPA Australia Freedom to Fly Airshow Team

- RV Stooges Airshow Team

- Bush Flyers Down Under / OzSTOL

- KG Aviation

- Sport Aircraft Sales Australia

- Hunter Valley Vintage Wings - Boeing Stearman Flights

- Wings Out West

- Foxbat Australia

For more information, visit: www.ausfly.com.au

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Roundsounds question.

The average RAAus pilot is not interested in anything political. All they want is to be able to fly for what is not too great an expense for them.

This morning I was told how it was by a younger pilot. All he wants is to be able to fly, he realises that CASA wants to offload all sport flying to RAAus and then they can wield the big stick with no repercussions on government. It was just as his place of work, government owned and coal getting pushed into the harbour. Government sells and then they can prosecute the buyer, for doing what they have done for years. It happened with the coal fired power stations. When government owned them you could see the soot plume from Gladstone to Mackay, they sold and it was all cleaned up.

It is sad, but the average Aussie doesn't want to look any further ahead than tomorrow. He can afford to pay, so to hell with anyone who rocks the boat.