Narromine AusFly 2018

Love to fly

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we have registered and bought our tickets for the dinner, looking forward to this and hope the weather Gods are good to us for our trip south.. :)David

We're travelling from Victoria .. but I always think positive ... Hopefully see you there!

We're travelling from Victoria .. but I always think positive ... Hopefully see you there!

What we need is a Tshirt/hat or something so we can all recognize each other at AUSFLY?

David

Any suggestions for a cap or something we could grab that could happen in time?

A couple of years ago I got my Rec Flying name - Neil_S - printed on a plain white T-shirt for exactly the purpose of hooking up with others from here at Fly-Ins.

A lot of places will do printing like that for you. Cheap and simple (like me!)

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

A couple of years ago I got my Rec Flying name - Neil_S - printed on a plain white T-shirt for exactly the purpose of hooking up with others from here at Fly-Ins.A lot of places will do printing like that for you. Cheap and simple (like me!)

Cheers,

Neil

Great idea. Now can I get this done in time ..

Do you have a schedule for the seminars as yet? Some sound very interesting but won't be able to make the entire event.

Sorry. I'm very late with this one. It's at Seminars & Workshops – AusFly 2018 or attached here as a pdf

Seminars & Workshops Program (small).pdf

Anyone heard any information about the SAAA MPC that's going to be run out there the couple days before? I've registered & paid, but haven't got any info about when, where, who, etc etc.. I'll put a call into the SAAA tomorrow chasing it up but figured I'd ask here first...

Anyone heard any information about the SAAA MPC that's going to be run out there the couple days before? I've registered & paid, but haven't got any info about when, where, who, etc etc.. I'll put a call into the SAAA tomorrow chasing it up but figured I'd ask here first...

Did you get sorted re the MPC Course?

Did you get sorted re the MPC Course?

Yep, email came out this morning. Homework done & accommodation's booked, now just hoping the weather's good to turn a 6hr drive into a 70 minute flight. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 1

Narromine Aeroclub just shared the NOTAM information below. Worth noting if you're planning on flying via Dubbo.

Important info for pilots to be aware of upcoming NOTAM for Dubbo area.

As you know the Royal Visit to Dubbo will take place on Wednesday the 17th of October. Please note there is a NOTAM in place stating the Dubbo Aerodrome is closed except for RPT and Emergency Medical Services from 0700 – 1130am on Wednesday the 17th October 2018. This event also brings unprecedented security.

There will be no access to GA area, unless authorised. Please ensure that your Hanger doors remain closed, specifically Landside.

This information was provided by the Dubbo Aerodrome operations manager.

Tickets for “Dinner Under the Stars” with Matt Hall have SOLD OUT, the tarmac social dinner on Saturday night. For those that have missed out on a ticket, the opportunity to receive the same meal will be available from Narromine Gliding Club (seated area), not on the tarmac.

• Like 1

Home from AusFly. What a fantastic few days. Caught up with old friends and made new ones. Met some of you for the first time. Loads of planes, loads of people, and think everyone had a great time. Went to a couple of seminars. Well setup, none of the problems with noisy generators etc that made it hard last year. No high fences. I'll definitely be there again next year.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1